Chapter 4: Our 1st Connection (Scarlett)

Scarlett

(Past)

One week of this and I had already fallen into a nice routine. I was actually nice. Tiff and Britt decided to adopt me, and take it upon themselves to find a boyfriend. As much as I hated being the fifth wheel, I wasn't looking for a relationship.

It was a day I was filling in for lunch shift. It was my first double and I welcomed it. I met Heather. Heather was probably in her twenties, confident and literally just the essence of what a woman was. She was the only girl that worked who was bold enough to wear a skirt, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. and owned a room.

I also saw the way he interacted with her as I came back and forth from the kitchen to the dining room to serve. The way she'd trace his tattoos. The way he would flirt with her and she would flirt back. It intrigued me because I was had always been horrible at flirting. Which explained my boyfriend situation. I watched as she leaned across the table exposing her breast and fluttered her eye lashes, poking her ass out so even the guys behind her got a view of her while he twisted her long chestnut hair in his finger. I wondered what it would be like to be looked at like that.

There was a part of me that didn't like it. I mean, they just wanted to sleep with her. I doubted he really cared what she thought. I followed his eyes as he scrolled her figure, surprisingly his eyes never lingered at her breast for that long, but he kept that seductive smirk.

"Can I get some service, here?" I noticed a table of hers. Troy didn't reprimand much, but I was sure he wasn't going to now. He had whispered something in her ear, and what ever it was caused her lip to quark and her to glance at him as she walked to her demanding customer as he headed to the back of the restaurant.

I went back to my tables. I couldn't stop thinking about that. I knew she was a grown woman, but something rubbed me the wrong way about the idea of him sleeping with his staff. I hadn't heard about him doing that, just that he slept around.

"Hey babydoll." I blew passed Zeke going into the kitchen to get an order.

I just smiled and continued hoping he would just leave me alone. "Hey Nick, is the table thirteen order ready."

"Sure sweet heart." He nodded his head over to three plates sitting on the metal warmer.

"Let me help you with that." Zeke grabbed a napkin and then a plate, and I grabbed the others.

I wanted to tell him that I didn't need the help, but I couldn't form the words fast enough. "Thanks."

"No problem, babydoll." He smirked, "I can't believe you let Troy talked you into working a double."

I giggled nervously. "Oh, I don't mind." I said shortly as I hustled to the table.

"So, um is your family doing anything for the forth?"

I shrugged as I cleaned off a table. I was sure it was going to be another thing where I was going to be a fifth wheel. He played with his lip, like he was thinking really hard about something.

That was when I approached another table. It was a tall guy eating by himself. "Hello my name is Scar, I'll be your server today. What can I get you to drink?"

"I'll have a water." He said, "And just out of curiosity, what is your catch of the day?"

My eyes shot over to Zeke, he gave me a light shrug, my eyes trailed to Heather who was rubbing the face of a blond haired surfer guy. They I looked at the chalkboard over by the bar. Nothing that said catch of the day." I smiled. "I'll find out for you. Just sit tight."

I rushed to the kitchen.

"So what do you say, do you want to go."

I was barely thinking about what Zeke was talking about.