Chapter 34: My Forever (Troy)

Troy

Accidentally making Danielle was the best mistake I had ever made. But intentionally making a baby with Scarlett. Was more than I could take. No condoms, no holding back and I loved every moment of it.  There was a while we'd lost faith that I could strike gold twice, but when Scar squealed from the bathroom. I didn't want to believe it until I saw the black and white proof. We were having a baby.

Months later, some fluctuations in my health, a million cravings, my son Neil Ezekiel Walker was born and our family was complete.

All my days were filled with love, and when I got too sick Nick and Scar took over the shop. When I got really sick Nick took over and Scar took care of me. I'd live to see my little girl go to prom and graduate high school and go off to Harvard. I'd seen my son win spelling bees, and science fairs. He wasn't athletic but he was brilliant. I never stopped being proud of my kids.

I died on a rainy Tuesday. I faded away in Scar's arms surrounded by my best friends including my brother and my son. Danielle was away in college. I held out for her as long as I could. She was the last face I'd seen before my soul left my body. My princess.

The tears at my funeral were abundant. I didn't know I'd touched so many lives. I was missed and loved. I was buried in a small site behind the lighthouse next to my parents where if my kids, and my wife chose would be buried too.

Scar was devastated. She spent days at my grave sight, in the lighthouse, and would even go to the cove to feel m presence. I was always there. When ever the breeze caressed her face. I was there. She never stopped loving me. She stayed on my little island until she died a great grandmother.

The island did become a resort, the residents were forced away. It looked nothing like it did. The children put up a fight. House was all that remained.

But our legacy. The story of Scar and My love lived on. That was our legacy. It was never the island itself. It was the love that we passed down to our children. The moments, the memories, that made up our story that would live on with the Walker family forever.