Chapter 29: When I Lost Everything (Troy)

Troy

(Past)

I had a bad feeling at the pit of my stomach. They were just standing there. He was hovered over my son. Looking at him, hugging him. I didn't understand. This was may son, but it wasn't my son. I pulled open the back door.

Everyone looked at me like I was the crazy one.

"What the hells going on here?"

Zeke picked up Porter almost as if he was protecting him from me. The man that held him in his arms the second he was born. The man that vowed to protect him and love him. I didn't give a shit about that test. I was his father. Leona took him from me, and here was my brother holding him like he was...

My eyes narrowed as I looked over at Leona. "What's this?" My eyes burned.

Porter's eyes were big like he was afraid of me. Tears rolled down my face.

Zeke put Porter down and whispered in his ear. The boy darted in the house.

Zeke looked at Leona and back at me.

Zeke cocked his head and Leona aboded after her son. Were they together? He could have any woman he wanted. Why did he want my ex-wife.

"What you become a big rock star and think you can steal my life?" I growled, "You were my brother! My fucking brother. I gave you everything."

His eyes were red and streamed with tears. "I love you, man. I would never in a million years hurt you."

I shook my head.

"I was young Troy."

He came closer and I raised my hand keeping him from coming closer. I knew I would do something terrible to him.

"She contacted me about a month ago." He sniffed. "I thought she was just trying to take advantage of me. She asked me to take the test so I did." He breathed heavily and I shook my head slowly, "He's mine. Porter is mine."

I closed my eyes. The sting was too much.

"Troy, I was a kid. She came on to me."

"You knew. You knew she was my wife."

He blew his breath out. "It was selfish Troy. I was a kid."

I ran my hands over my face. I just walked away. I thought about how hard Leona and I tried to have a baby. When she go pregnant, I was over the moon and once again that feeling was snatched away. That knife kept twisting. Killing me. I wanted to walk into the ocean and drown. I had nothing to live for. I just walked along the beach passed the light house, into the meadow. I collapsed on my hands and knees and cried. I didn't hold back. Everything I had worked for my entire life, dream I'd had was gone.

I had no connections, I was spinning into nothing. I was prepared to die here. On my little island. What hurt was it would die with me. I dug my hands into my hair. It was over for me.