Chapter 8: Her 1st Date (Troy)

Troy

I wasn't surprised. I guess I was surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Somehow I felt like I was to blame, but I couldn't help that we gravitated toward each other. I knew it kept her from being, a normal teenage girl.

Brandon I saw coming. I don't even thought she noticed he was coming to the restaurant for and more, even when Zeke wasn't there, always in her section. That was how I would have done it. I knew it was a matter of time before Marcus asked. She told me on on the boat, and I wasn't even mad. I wanted to laugh.

"I've never been asked out before." She said.

That was a shocker. I looked at her, her big gorgeous brown eyes, her fluffy lips and beautiful smile, if I was a teenage boy I would have been fawning for her attention too. Despite being a quarterback, I was sure I'd have to take a number, she'd just see me as a dumb jock anyway, and maybe I was.

I looked at her almost wanting to take her hand that was resting on the armrest of the lounge chair, but decided not to. "Sweetheart, he has the hard part." I explained, "He has to impress you. Not the other way around. If you didn't impress him, he wouldn't have asked. You'll do great."

"I don't even think I own a dress." She said.

I almost offered to buy her one for her birthday but nothing about that seemed like a good idea to me. "You live next door to Brit. I'm sure Brit will loan you something, but truthfully, I think you should just be yourself."

I could see her nerves were getting the better of her and I still didn't understand why she wasn't used to this kind of thing. "You'll do fine I assure."

"Do you think I'm pretty?" Her big chocolate eyes met mine, and it was like the sky asking me if he was blue enough. The ocean asking if she was majestic enough. I wanted a mirror, to prove my point.

"You are gorgeous." I said, "Don't worry. Let him impress you."

She nodded. "I didn't even know there was anything to do around here." She said.

I looked at her. Kicking myself. All this time we were fishing I should have taken her on a tour of the island. I suddenly wondered if she could drive, she could have explored the island herself. It killed me the girls were so hung up on their men, they couldn't take Scar on a tour. I guessed I was just as guilty and I was the king of hospitality. "There are tons of places." I thought, "Let's see we have, square," I was sure she had a good idea where that was that was the epicenter of the island where the grocery, post office, and everything else was. "There is the drive in. Ellen's Diner up the street."

"Is that competition?"

I chuckled. I loved how business minded she was. "Not really. We help each other, but she is the reason my breakfast service is a little slower. I deal with fresh seafood, her thing is burgers and shakes. It's all Grease themed."

Her eyes lit up. "I love Grease."

"You'd love her spot. She's always having Grease themed parties and car shows. It's cool. I usually go as Danny Zucko and Zeke goes as Knicky."

She giggled. "I can see that."

"I'm sure she'll have one before the summer is up. Who's your favorite character, I can make sure you get put in."

"I like Frenchie."

My eyebrow quirked that was a surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah, she's sweet and she goes after what she wants. I wished she would have stuck with beauty school."

I chuckled. I loved how her mind work. "Frenchie." I repeated.

I didn't think I was more excited to close up the restaurant, the kids were going to meet up here, just like they always did. Eddie and Tiff showed up first. They had known each other since they were kids and deep down they were always an item. It was clear that they would be together, have kids and laugh about knowing each other when they were in diapers.