Chapter 30: When The Stars Were In My Reach (Troy)

Troy

(Present)

As my eyes flicked open the smells, the light flickering in from the window, I was in the haze of an awful dream, and a more than incredible reality. I'd made her mine the night before and everything changed. I didn't know how slow or fast she'd wanted to take things, but I told myself I wouldn't push. No matter what. I'd chosen my forever.

She moan gently and I couldn't help but chuckle lightly. It was like my happiness couldn't contain itself. Her eyes slowly opened and my lips eagerly found hers.

"Can I get you anything to eat?" I said muffled by her lips.

"I could eat." She said, "Can I call to check on my daughter."

My heart raged. Her daughter. He beautiful daughter that looked as beautiful as her mother. It didn't matter that he father was an asshole that tried to take everything away, he wanted her here, he wanted to give her his world. Both of them, were his home.

Troy just nodded. He sat up and placed his feet on the hardwood floor looking for his boxers.I found them and slipped into them. I had so much to talk to Scar about. I pushed my sweaty palms together as I waled down the stairs and into the kitchen, where I found Zeke. I felt my nostrils flared but not even he could piss me off today.

"Troy, we need to talk."

"I'm not interested." I growled, "You can tell your friend, it's not for sale."

"Fine. It was an idea, you were allowed to say 'no'."

"No shit." I pulled open the fridge.

He blew out a breath. "You want me to say, I'm sorry again. Well, I am." "I guess I'd just figured you'd be happy to see Scar again. Maybe you could have at least heard her out."

I looked at him. They were going to use her to convince me. I didn't want to think that, that's what last night was. I couldn't take another stab in my gut. "What do you mean?"

Zeke smiled. "You should talk to her."

"We talked." Troy admitted.

His eyes lit up. "Did she tell you about Danielle?"

I closed my eyes and shook my head. "Her daughter."

He laughed. "That's the main reason I sent them here. The business proposition was just something he came up with. I ran into Scar and I saw Danielle...and I had to ask." He laughed again as if he couldn't contain himself. "The only reason I sent for them was so you can meet...so you can meet Danielle. So you can see for yourself."

My heart erupted. "What are you saying."

"Talk to Scar."

I swallowed. Then I raced to the room where she still sat in my bed. I climbed into bed putting my fingers into hers.

"You seem in a good mood."

I smiled. "Your daughter? How old is she?"

Her head fell and she looked back up at me. "Four."

My nose burned. "Can I see her? Please?" It came out in a whisper.

She slid her phone over to me and a I noticed the picture on the screen. I curly haired gorgeous little girl, with eyes as blue as sea. A hardness caught my throat.

"Troy, I'm sorry."

Tears streamed down my face.

"I wanted to tell you. I was scared to. I didn't want to be another Leona."

I shook my head and looked at her. "You will never be her." I leaned my head on hers. "Is she?"

She nodded.

My head fell into my hands and I sobbed.

"I'm sorry." She rubbed my back.

I just sniffled and cradled her her cheeks her face was wet too. I shook my head and smiled. "We'll make up for lost time. I want you both. No matter what you decide. This place is yours. This is your home Scar."

She giggled, "So you're asking me to move in."

I nodded. But I was asking for more, so much more. That was the beginning. I needed to do it the right way. "Get dressed okay?" I kissed her lips again. There was so much I needed to tell her. I just hoped she would understand. I hoped we could all be a family. I felt like my whole world for the first time was in reach. I had to do this right, but there was so much to tell her, I didn't know where to start.