Chapter 33: Our 1st Christmas (Scarlett)

Scarlett

(Present)

I was awaken by a pair of blue eyes staring at me, shaking me awake. I turned the other way to enjoy just a few more precious hours of sleep when I was met by another pair of blue eyes staring into me.His lips curved into a lazy smile. I lifted the cover over my head. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Mommy, wake up it's Christmas."

"Yeah, Mommy wake up it's Christmas." A deep voice said.

I nuzzled in my pillow. The sheets smelled like him and I was comfortable hibernating here at least for a little while longer.

"Sweetie, you wake up Uncle Zeke. Let Daddy take care of Mommmy."

I heard her little feet scamper off.

He slid under the covers with me. "Come on sweetie." He brushed his lips against mine.

I tugged at his sleep pants. "I was thinking I could start unwrapping my gifts under here."

Her growled. "I thought you unwrapped that enough last night."

I giggled as I nuzzled his nose. "I love you."

"I love you Mrs. Walker."

I loved the way that sounded. "Don't you mean Mrs. Claus?" I giggled.

"Shhh!" He giggled pulling me into him.

I swallowed thinking of the day I would wake up in this bed alone. I tried not to but I couldn't help it. It made me want to hold him tighter, and linger.

"I'll make you some coffee baby." He kissed my head and slid out of bed, letting the coldness over take me.

Troy and Uncle Zeke had spoiled Danielle. Troy made sure we had a tree, and the living room was flooded with gifts. Most of them for Danielle. I just sat on the couch sipping coffee, almost in horror, wondering which of those big packages was going to have a pony and where in the world would we keep it.

And just when I thought he was done, he came out of the kitchen with a small kennel. Danielle couldn't contain her excitement. Troy got her a puppy.

"Good luck out doing yourself next year Troy." I smiled looking at Danielle and Zeke running around with the little clumpy puppy.

"If I should be so lucky."

I looked at him, and his eyes met mine. It was strange, we had just reconnected and I couldn't picture ever being without him.

"I would have loved to have experienced, the pregnancy with you." He brushed his hand over my stomach, "I would have spoiled you then, rubbed your feet, got you all of your pregnancy cravings."

I rolled onto my side in the sand brushing my fingers against his hairy tattooed arm. "Why don't we take our chances." I said gently.

His eyes stared into mine and he slowly pulled me into him. He cradled my face and kissed me. "Are you sure."

"Let's have another baby, Troy."

He chuckled. "Sounds fun."

I nuzzled into him, wanting to start the baby making sooner than later but I decided to enjoy Christmas with my family.