Chapter 28: The Night I Surrendered (Troy)

Troy

(Present)

Her arms laced around me. "Troy. I knew what I wanted. I always knew."

My fingers traced her waist rubbing my nose against hers. I did push her away. I didn't want to, but I did. I cradled her face bringing her lips to mine. I swallowed a thick lump but my eyes watered and a tear strayed.

She pushed her lips to mine, her lips parting my lips. "Tell me." She cooed between kisses, "Just say it Troy."

What did she want to hear? There was nothing I wouldn't do for this woman in my arms. My tongue dipped in her mouth.Teasing downward.

"Ahh...say it, Troy."

"I love you, Scarlett."

Her body bounced as she giggled making me laugh too as I kissed her. "What do you want me to say? The answer is 'yes' always 'yes'."

I cradled her face kissing her lips. I looked in her eyes gleaming amber pools and one word cried out to me. "Stay." I begged, "Stay with me."

I picked her up in my arms. She relaxed leaning against my shoulder. My heart decided five years ago. This was what she wanted to know. The truth was I wanted her. She was it for me. There was no other for me. I walked to my car put her in the front seat.

She giggled.

I took a moment to look at her and kissed her again.

I rode her up to my house, in my bed, kissing her claiming her. There was a moment the moon beamed down against her skin she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. The truth was, I'd felt the same way, she was my home. My other half, my reason for breathing. All these years feeling like a black hole faded.Everything faded. The was the beginning of my being. The beginning of our forever. What ever happened, I wanted to share it with her. Everything. I surrendered to my heart completely I gave her it completely.

When we were spent she tangled in my arms. I held her tightly and fell asleep and vowed that I'd never let her go again. She belonged here with me, I belonged with her. I would spend the rest of my days in her arms, no matter what. I found something to love more than this island. I no longer wanted to die on this island, I wanted to die in her arms.