2. Another boring day - Part 2

There was still panic in the town's hall of Ponyville. Created by that dark pony in front of everypony.

Nightmare Moon...
The mare in the moon...
Everlasting night...
All those words were circling around Star Twinkle's head, while he looked at the still laughing mare that appeared right in front of everypony in the Ponyville town hall...

The Mayor ordered a group of Royal Guards to attack Nightmare Moon but she used her magic to create some lightning to stop them. They were clearly no match for her. After that lousy attempt, she transformed back into this blue mist and left the town hall to who knows where. A blue Pegasus followed her, who probably tried to stop her. Star Twinkle could just watch and was left paralyzed by the whole situation until some ponies spoke up.

"What are we gonna do?"

"The Horror! The Horror!"

"A disaster! Terrible, terrible disaster!"

Those were just some of the words that could be heard in the town hall of Ponyville after Nightmare Moon's visit. The mayor tried her best to calm every pony down and gave some orders to the royal guard to deal with this situation. One of them is that they should look for Princess Celestia who was supposed to be present in the town hall at this moment. The fact that Nightmare Moon appeared and Princess Celestia didn't, gave the impression that Nightmare Moon might have done something to the princess.

While listening to the Mayor's speech as well since he was starting to panic too and didn't know what to do now. However, in the midst of the chaos, Star Twinkle noticed how the purple unicorn from before left the town hall. He figured that staying here would not help in any way so he also left the town hall. The moment he got out, he instantly noticed the darkness above him.

"Oh no," he said in shock after looking up to the sky.

It was dark outside, just like Nightmare Moon said. Her eternal Night has already started. Shocked by the sight and the realization that the sky will look dark like this left Star Twinkle in a mix of Confusion and frustration. "What now? Is this time for panic? Argh! I don't even know what is going on! What are you gonna do in times like this?" He said in a panic, not sure how to deal with this kind of situation.

"Should I go home? Princess Celestia will do something to prevent all this, right? I don't even know exactly was going on so there was no way that I could contribute anything to stop this, right?" All those thoughts were like an excuse for Star Twinkle to not do something stupid. To prevent him from getting involved with any of this. He knew he was afraid and confused so he figured that he shouldn't bother to come up with some answers or ideas to stop all this. But while still in confusion, Star Twinkle noticed how a group of ponies ran past him.

"Come on everypony, we need to follow her! She is maybe the only pony who knows what's going on," Somepony said in the middle of the chaos that was going on in Ponyvile.

It came from an orange coated mare who was leading a group of ponies to follow her. Star Twinkle figured that she is talking about that purple unicorn that knew about Nightmare Moon. She was probably the only one who knew exactly what happened here. That gave him enough reason to follow the group of ponies. If he is going to spend his days in this eternal night, then he might as well get some answers about anything, right now.

They all walked into a tree house, which Star Twinkle instantly recognized. It was the Golden Oak Library, the only library in Ponyville as far as Star Twinkle knew. But he can't remember ever being inside of it before. He was about to enter it as well but after realizing that he was about to enter it for the first time, he noticed something and stopped on his way.

"Wait! Should I just go in? I barely know any of those ponies. Sure there were some familiar faces but...does that matter at times like this?" He said to himself, trying to prevent some awkward situations.