23. Star Twinkle is ill

Princess Celestia raised the sun in Equestria like every day and as usual, everypony would start their day by now. The sun was slowly rising on the horizon and the sunlight would often wake Star Twinkle from his sleep but this time, he had a hard time getting out of his bed. It was unbelievable hot outside, sweat was dripping down Star Twinkles face and it became hard to breathe.

Star Twinkle was immediately taking a bath after crawling out of his bed but that only helped for a few minutes to cool him down. He realized that he was already late for work and tried to skip some of his morning routines in order to make it on time somehow.

He stepped out of his house and slowly walked in the direction of the Iron Hammer but it somehow became very exhausting really fast after only a few steps outside.

"Wow. The princess is really overdoing today with the heat," he mumbled to himself, even though he didn't know if it works that way.

A few steps later, he noticed Twilight approaching her with an owl on her back, that he never saw before. It was not the best time for her to talk with him right now since he had to go to work real quick.

"Good morning, Star Twinkle!" She greeted happily, followed by a "who" from the owl.

"Morning, Twilight. I'm sorry but I can't talk now. I'm already late for work," he quickly replied, wasting no more time so that he can go to work.

But Twilight looked at him after he walked past her, noticing his slow steps and how sweaty he was even though it was relatively cool today. Out of curiosity, she decided to follow him and inspected him further only to realize that he was breathing heavily and had problems walking straight.

"Are you alright?" She asked out of worry while following him.

"Of course. It's only a little hot right now but I'm sure that will change later," Star Twinkle replied not even bothering to look back at her.

Suddenly Twilight walked in front of him, blocking his path. He wondered what this is all about and felt annoyed since she will cause him to be even later at work now. Twilight then took her left front hoof and placed it on Star Twinkle's forehead only to realize that it was burning hot.

"My goodness, Star Twinkle! You're glowing," Twilight exclaimed.

"I am?" He asked confused. "I thought it was hotter than usual today," Star Twinkle wondered.

"It's probably a fever. You can't go to work like this. You need rest!" Twilight demanded.

"I'm sure I get better after a while," Star Twinkle assured.

"Not if you spent the day with working! You look like you will collapse any second!" Twilight exclaimed worriedly.

"I'll be fine, don-"

But he stopped after realizing how serious Twilight was. She looked angry but he could swear he saw how her eyes were tearing up a bit out of worry.

Now Star Twinkle began to think about the situation a bit more logically. It probably would not be a good idea if he was working in this state, in fact, it only would make things worse which was probably the reason why Twilight asked him to rest.

After some more thinking, Star Twinkle came to the conclusion that it would be better to stay home and rest just like Twilight said.

"It's really that bad, huh?" He asked out of the blue making Twilight calm down again.

"Don't worry. You'll be alright again soon," she said relieved. "First we need to get you in your bed again," she said before levitating him over the ground with her magic and carrying him back inside.