106. Chase after Summershine

At the Iron Hammer...

It was just the day after Star Twinkle, Applejack, and Rarity went to Manehattan for their Friendship Mission. Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer were working in front of the Iron Hammer, hammering down some needles inside some wooden boards.

While working, Steel Hammer was telling him a rather weird story. He was watching the Sisterhooves Social and since Star Twinkle was curious about the event himself he was asking the stallion to tell him some things about it. He remembered that Applejack and Rarity had planned to participate in it together with their sisters but had to skip it because they were called by the map in Twilight's castle.

But apparently, Apple Bloom did participate in the Sister Hooves Social, according to Steel Hammer at least. What his boss then told him got Star Twinkle really confused.

"Apple Bloom's long lost cousin Orchard Blossom?" Star Twinkle asked.

Steel Hammer began laughing. "Yes! It was something to look at," he added amused.

Of course, he got more details shortly after but that only made things even more confusing. Because Applejack had to leave for Manehattan, Apple Bloom's big brother Big McIntosh figured that it was a brilliant idea to dress up as a mare and take place in the event just so that his little sister would not be sad.

In a way, that was a really weird idea from the stallion, but then again, given the reason why he did it was kind of cute. Eventually, Big McIntosh was exposed and he and Apple Bloom were disqualified from the event. Steel Hammer told Star Twinkle that it was not mainly because of Big McIntosh being a stallion but rather because of his destructive behavior during the event.

"Destructive behavior?" Star Twinkle asked. He felt as if he misheard that information just now. Big McIntosh sure was big and strong but inside he was really soft and caring, so he could not imagine that he would be too aggressive in an event like this.

But Steel Hammer saw it first-hoof and could confirm that the stallion was doing everything in his power to win the event and smashing things into pieces all because he desperately wanted to win. This did not sound like Big McIntosh at all. Star Twinkle couldn't believe it.

But, by some weird coincidence, as the two were talking about the two, Big McIntosh and Apple Bloom were coming over to the Iron Hammer. "Hey, there! Star Twinkle! Mr. Steel Hammer!" The little filly said.

"Hey, you two," Star Twinkle greeted back.

"Are the wooden boards ready?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Oh, those are for you?" Star Twinkle asked.

"Eeyup," Big McIntosh replied. The stallion from the apple family was already pulling an empty cart to confirm it.

Apple Bloom and Big McIntosh loaded the wooden boards into the cart. Star Twinkle helped as well and took the opportunity to talk with Apple Bloom. He wanted to confirm things himself about what happened yesterday.

"So...um...I'm sorry that Applejack couldn't come to the Sisterhooves Social yesterday," he said.

"Yup," Apple Bloom casually replied before she continued loading in the wooden boards without a care in the world.

"I heard you were looking forward to this event..." the stallion continued.

"Yup," Apple Bloom replied in the same manner as before.

"It's just, we had this really important mission to take care of and..."

This time the filly interrupted the stallion. "It's okay, Star Twinkle. I still had fun yesterday. My brother had this really weird idea to dress up like a long lost cousin of mine to take Applejack's place," she explained, in a more casual tone than Star Twinkle expected.