103. Nightmares

It was dark...

Star Twinkle was standing there in, what seemed like, absolute nothingness. He wondered how he got there and looked all around, trying to figure out what was going on. As soon as he took a step though, the ground began to shake. "Wha-wha-what is going on!?" He said in a panic.

Then, something was appearing in front of him, something really big and familiar. It was the Storm Fortress, the airship that the Storm Wings used to fly through Equestria. It was there, right in front of him all of a sudden. He asked himself how he managed to not notice it earlier, given its size.

Three ponies came diving down from the fortress and landed in front of him. It was Cyclone Wing, Steel Wing, and Hurricane Wing, the leaders of the Storm Wings. They all had very serious and battle-ready expressions on their faces, causing Star Twinkle to get a little bit confused and even nervous. They used to be enemies but now they were redeemed but judging from how they looked at him, that did not seem to be the case.

Soon, another pony appeared behind them, which was weird because nopony was standing there before. Star Twinkle recognized that pony as well. It was Mystic, the previous leader of the Storm Wings, and he looked more sinister and evil than ever. Seeing him was certainly bad news.

"What is going on here!?" Star Twinkle asked. "Why are you with him again!?" He added, his question being directed towards the three brothers.

Mystic was anything but a friend, heck, not even an ally to the three Pegasus ponies, after all the things that he put them and the Storm Wings through. In fact, Star Twinkle was pretty sure that they all hated him. But now, they stood there, just like a while ago, when they were forced to work together. Before he Star Twinkle could figure out what was going on though, mist started to cover the four ponies, and soon, Star Twinkle as well. He covered his eyes and closed them for a moment, only to find out that here was somewhere completely else now, in a place that he knew as well.

The Forgotten Castle...

It was the same place where he fought against the Outcasts. And as soon as that crossed his mind, there they were. Mystic was standing there still but he was soon accompanied by Rosa, Tagma, and Wildheart. They also looked as if they were not here to have a friendly talk just like the Storm Wings.

And of course, Star Twinkle was pretty confused about all this. Now it was the Outcasts that were in front of him, ready to attack, from what it looks like. Why were those four together again in the first place, is what Star Twinkle was asking himself. Rosa and Wildheart were wandering around Equestria, Tagma was out there on his own, wandering around Equestria, and Mystic was now, with his escape from the Canterlot dungeons, a criminal on the loose. It was almost as if they were back to being evil again, the way they back then when Star Twinkle first met them.

Star Twinkle felt intimidated. He had no idea what was going to happen next and took a few steps back just to be safe. That is until he noticed something or somepony behind him. He turned around and saw Fade, the one behind the actions of the Outcasts. He was supposed to be a stone statue before he vanished from Canterlot during the attack from Tirek. His appearance here certainly confused Star Twinkle.

But there was no time to react...Fade glared at Star Twinkle and dark magic was surrounding him. The Earth Pony tried to escape but he soon was completely surrounded by dark magic, making it impossible for him to escape. He got scared and could only see the serious expression on Fade before he closed his eyes in fear.

...

A few seconds later, once nothing happened, Star Twinkle opened his eyes again. He quickly noticed that he wasn't inside the Forgotten Castle anymore. This time, he was in Ponyville. For some reason, Star Twinkle knew that something else was coming up again and without much delay, that thought proved to be right.