40. Becoming an Egghead

Everything was black and quiet.
Only the sound of statics and some voices in the distance could be heard.
Those were the only things that Star Twinkle was aware of now.

Eventually, he opened his eyes and saw some blurry images in front of him.
He quickly realized by the colors and the voices that it was his friends, who were looking down at him with concerned looks on their faces.

"Hey!
He is finally awake!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Rarity added relieved.

The blurriness went away and he managed to recognize every one of his friends.
In that moment, he also realized that he was not in his own bed.
He was confused.
So he asked some obvious questions.

"What happened?
Where am I?"

"In a hospital bed," Twilight answered.

"Hospital?" He replied almost in disbelieve.

"Yes.
After the crash, we brought you and Rainbow Dash here as soon as possible," Fluttershy explained.

"Rainbow Dash?" Star Twinkle replied, not sure what she had to do with anything.

Everypony then moved their heads to the left.
Star Twinkle turned his head to his right.
Rainbow Dash was inside of a hospital bed too.
She had a bandage around one of her wings.
For some reason, she was waving at him awkwardly as soon as he looked over to her.

"Don't you remember what happened?" Twilight asked, coming closer to his bed out of worry.

"Don't you remember the crash?" Applejack asked.

"Crash?" He replied confused.

They all looked at each other because they didn't know how to explain the situation.
Since Star Twinkle was sick of being completely lost, he tried to remember what happened before he woke up in this hospital bed.
Though it was a little hard at first, his memories slowly came back to him until it was fully clear what happened.

Earlier this morning...

"And another day begins..." Star Twinkle said grumpily after waking up in his bed, because of the beams of light that shined through his window.

Star Twinkle had no plans on what to do today.
And whenever he didn't know what to do, he usually let his friends do the thinking.
So he went outside to look for any of his friends.
One of them, most likely, will know how to spend the day.
And fortunately, some of them seem to be already waiting in front of his house.
Twilight, Rarity and Pinkie Pie were standing there, looking up to the sky with some worried looks on their faces.

"What are they looking at?" He wondered as he watched how they focused their eyes on the sky.

Suddenly, Twilight's eyes widened in shock as soon as she noticed Star Twinkle.

"Star Twinkle, watch out!" she screamed at him, causing him to stop walking towards them.

"Watch out for wha-"

Back in the hospital...

But then, suddenly, everything went black.
That was the last thing he remembered.

The awkwardness in Rainbow Dash's face.
The fact that she was in the hospital too.
The reason why nopony flat out explained what happened.
It was all clear now.
Star Twinkle knew exactly what happened.
And before he knew it, this knowledge made him angry.