51. Trouble in Canterlot - Part 1

It was another beautiful day in Ponyville. Almost too beautiful for some ponies. That is why Star Twinkle's friends decided to spend the day outside with a picnic. He was invited as well and accepted the offer because it would mean for him that he could relax outside while also spending time with his friends. However, his definition of spending time was a little different than one might expect because Star Twinkle, while still present, did sit near the girls while taking a nap under a tree. But his friends didn't mind and continued their picnic on their own way, talking and eating little snacks while doing so.

In fact, they took the opportunity that Star Twinkle was sleeping right now.

"Sleeping like a little colt," Applejack said as she looked over to him amused.

"Yes. Not the slightest sign of his usual...behavior," Rarity tried to say in a way that wouldn't make it sound rude.

"I think he usually is really nice," Fluttershy responded, not wanting to say anything bad about Star Twinkle behind his back.

"Yeah, except when he is not complaining or grumpy..." Rainbow Dash directly pointed out.

"Should we wake him up for some cake?" Pinkie Pie suggested lifting up a cake in front of everypony.

"I think he would like to continue his nap, Pinkie," Twilight replied, knowing that this was what Star Twinkle wanted right now.

Pinkie Pie was okay with that and claimed that then there was more for her before she swallowed the cake in her hoof in one big swoop, causing everypony to laugh. Star Twinkle wasn't aware that he was talked about but their laughter woke him and he stretched his legs a little while attempting to go back to sleep again.

While enjoying their little tea party, the girls noticed how Spike came running towards them in a hasty manner. In fact, he looked a little worried as if he had something important to tell them. He stopped in front of Twilight and wanted one moment to catch his breath. After that, he spits out a scroll in front of her hooves. She levitated it above the ground and read out what it had to say.

"Dear Twilight, I am sure you are as excited as I am about the upcoming wedding in Canterlot,"

She stopped for a moment in the middle of the letter to try and remember what wedding the princess wrote about but neither her or her friends knew something about it. Star Twinkle also overheard Twilight's words and began to think but he didn't know anything either so out of curiosity he peeled his ears to listen what the rest of the letter said.

Twilight then continued, "I will be presiding over the ceremony, but would very much like you and your friends to help with the preparations for this wonderful occasion,"

Apparently, everypony was given a task to fulfill in order to prepare for the wedding.
Fluttershy was assigned to provide the music with her bird choir,
Pinkie Pie was supposed to handle the reception with Applejack in charge of the catering of it,
Rainbow Dash should do a Sonic Rainboom at the end of the wedding,
and Rarity was assigned to design the dresses for the bride and the bridesmaids.

Naturally, every single one of them was excited that the princess was putting them in charge of some important task with the exception of Star Twinkle who yet had to find out what the princess had in mind for him.

"Let me guess...I am supposed to do the decoration or build the altar or something, right?" He thought annoyed, not feeling all too excited to work at all.

"And as for you, Twilight, you will be playing the most important role of all: Making sure that everything goes as planned," Twilight continued who was wondering why Star Twinkle wasn't assigned to something yet but she kept on reading until she came across his name in the letter.
"I'm afraid that I don't have a task in mind for Star Twinkle..." she read stopping midway confused.