31. Forcing a Cutie Mark

There was silence in the room.
Only Star Twinkles breath could be heard.
His eyes were peeled.
His mouth was dry.
His mind was focused.

"Could you please throw the ball already?" Scootaloo exclaimed annoyed.

It was only him and his ball.
Only him and the lane.
It was like, he prepared his whole life for this one moment.

"You think he dozed off?" Sweetie Belle wondered.

"I don't know," Apple Bloom replied

"I don't think that you can doze off while standing," Scootaloo said annoyed.

With his concentration at the top nothing could stop him from...

"Star Twinkle, could you please finally throw the ball?!" Scootaloo exclaimed impatiently.

This finally snapped Star Twinkle out of his concentration who tried his best to focus on the pins.

"Alright, alright!" He replied annoyed.

He then threw the ball down the lane.
The ball was going straight but tended to go a little to the left.
It managed to hit the last pin on the left.
His score was one pin.
Star Twinkle didn't like the result but of course, something like that would happen after he snapped out of his concentration.
He blamed Scootaloo for that.

"Good job, Star Twinkle!
Your score is one!
That puts you in the lead!" Apple Bloom said proudly.

"Pfft! Yeah.
With one pin..." Scootaloo said unimpressed.

This provokes Star Twinkle a little and causing him to look at Scootaloo annoyed.

"I'd like to see you do better," Star Twinkle challenged.

Scootaloo quickly accepted the challenge and placed her bowling ball in front of her and kicked it with her back legs.
This caused the ball to fly all over the place, almost hitting some other ponies around them.
Scootaloo put on a grin out of shame and returned to Star Twinkle, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, that's what I figured would happen..." Star Twinkle thought.

Now it was Apple Bloom's turn.
At first, she was not sure how to throw the ball and tried to approach it from different angles.
She then opened her mouth and put the ball inside of it.
She managed to throw the ball like that, much to Star Twinkle's surprise.

While the ball was still rolling on the lane, everyponies attention was suddenly focused on another lane, where another filly managed to pull off a strike.

"Cool! A bowling Cutie Mark!" One ponies said impressed.

Apple Bloom thought that she was meant by that and quickly took a look on her flank, only to realize that it was still empty.
After she got confused why there was no Cutie Mark, she quickly realized that everypony was cheering for another pony.
This pony had a bowling ball and a pin as a Cutie Mark.

"But what about my ball?" Apple Bloom asked confused, only to realize that her ball was still rolling and barely touched the front pin.

Apple Bloom was sad too that and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo only watched concerned after Apple Bloom's reaction.

"That's zero points..." Star Twinkle said boldly.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo only returned angry looks after Star Twinkle's unnecessary statement.

"What?" He asked confused, not being aware that he said anything wrong.

After this failed attempt to get a Cutie Mark in bowling, the four ponies left and tried to cheer Apple Bloom up who still seemed a little sad.