19. Save the Lady

Star Twinkle would never say that his life was exciting, even if it came more lively recently but sometimes he wished that one day was a little quieter again. In the hope of that, he laid down on his bed starting to take a nap but was interrupted by a loud knocking on his door.

"Well, so much for my quiet day," Star Twinkle sarcastically said to himself before he went to the door.

He opened the door and found a very hysterical Spike, who was stuttering some stuff that Star Twinkle couldn't quite put together.

"Rarity... woods... jewel... dogs... hole... taken... Save her!" said Spike before fainting in front of Star Twinkle's door, leaving Star Twinkle in a really confused state.

"What?" Replied Star Twinkle confused, clearly not knowing what this was all about.

Spike was often overreacting but this time, it looked a little too serious so Star Twinkle played safe and took Spike on his back, before gathering his friends to find out what happened.

Star Twinkle was a little worried but also a little annoyed after analyzing the situation.

Rarity seemed to be in some kind of danger. At least that is what he could make out so far. Why didn't he go to Twilight or somepony else? It was obvious that Spike didn't ask anypony else before, so why did he have to ask Star Twinkle?

Does he expect that Star Twinkle knows what to do?

He felt that it was not right to think like that when somepony was in potential danger but it still annoyed him.

Star Twinkle took Spike to the Golden Oak Library. After all, Twilight maybe knew were Spike and Rarity were going before if Spike informed her. Coincidentally Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy were there too and Star Twinkle took the opportunity to tell them all that Rarity might be in danger.

They all got worried for a moment before they decided to go and rescue her. As Star Twinkle expected Twilight knew where they were going and lead the way. Twilight lead them outside of Ponyville.

Meanwhile, Spike was awake again, he explained where they all needed to go, while heavily breathing in panic. He and Rarity were looking for some gems in the woods because she needed them for some dresses for somepony named Sapphire Shores. Rarity was then captured by some guys called "Diamond Dogs" and was dragged down in a hole in the ground.

"Well, this sounds mighty easy. Just take us to that hole and we'll save Rarity," said Applejack fully confident.

But when they arrived at the place they noticed that there were not one but several holes in the ground, making it far more difficult to find Rarity.

"Holy moly, that's a lotta holeys," exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"I suppose you don't recognize the right one, Spike?" asked Star Twinkle while knowing the answer already by Spikes expression on his face.

So they had no choice but to check every single hole to find Rarity. But the Diamond Dogs seem to notice them and began to fill up the holes before they could look inside. Slowly every hole was filling up, making them impossible to go down anymore.

Everypony tried to go down a hole before it was closed but they were not fast enough. After a few failed attempts to go down, there were mud piles over every single hole. While nopony in the group had problems to dig through, Rarity, however, would not even touch mud, making them think how miserable her condition must be right now.

But after thinking about that, nopony decided to give up and tried to dig through the mud piles. But once again the Diamond Dogs noticed and prevented them from going down a single hole. Whenever somepony tried to dig, one of the dogs came out and either distracted or pulled them away from the holes.