83. Foalsitter Star Twinkle

Unlike almost any other day, there was nothing unusual planned for today. No special event was happening today and Star Twinkle wasn't invited by anypony to spent time with them. It was a pretty normal day. So Star Twinkle spend the day quietly at home. Right now, he was playing a little party of chess.

"It's your turn..." Star Twinkle said as he waited for his opponent to make his turn. And his opponent happened to be his pet goldfish, Comet who would usually think very carefully about his next move. "Don't worry, take your time," Star Twinkle said as he waited patiently and focused his sight on the chessboard. But his focus was shaken after he heard some knocks on the front door, causing him to look at the door in surprise. "Wonder who that is..." he said before he looked back at the chessboard for a moment only to realize that he was now in checkmate and that Comet won. But Star Twinkle didn't seem too surprised. "I just can't ever beat you, I suppose..." he said after he lost and he stood up to get the door to see who was visiting him.

Once he opened the door, Applejack stood in front of him. "Hey, Star Twinkle," she greeted with a smile on her face.

"Yes?" Star Twinkle asked, wondering what the reason was for the mare's visit. He could swear that this was the very first time that Applejack actually paid him a visit at home. Normally she would be busy working on the farm at this time so there must be some reason for her visit.

"Busy today?" She asked.

"Not really," Star Twinkle replied while shrugging his shoulders.

Applejack seemed kinda relieved to hear that, judging from the sudden grin on her face. "I was hoping that you would say that!" She said happily. "Because...I really need to ask you for a favor..." she then said a little hesitantly.

Star Twinkle was preparing himself for a quiet day but with Applejack standing right in front of him, he couldn't just ignore her and her favor. It was rare that Applejack was asking Star Twinkle to do something for her. Normally she would be the one doing favors for others. After listening to some of her explanation, however, he quickly realized that she was asking him for help because she was literally not able to do it herself, due to her being away from Ponyville for a while.

She explained what exactly he wanted him to do, and it actually didn't sound too bad, in fact, it sounded like a rather simple task so Star Twinkle was actually kinda looking forward to it.

That is...until he arrived at Applejack's home...

Later, in the Apple family household...

It was a little awkward...

There was Star Twinkle standing in the middle of the room and Apple Bloom stared directly at him with a glare on her face which made the stallion feel a little uncomfortable.

The little filly then looked over to her big sister with the same glare on her face. "You asked Star Twinkle to foalsit me?" She asked almost insulted.

"Now, now, Apple Bloom," Applejack replied trying to get on her little sister's good side again. "I just asked Star Twinkle to keep an eye out on you while me, Big Mac and Granny are away," she explained.

"But that is what foalsitting is!" Apple Bloom replied frustrated. This was awkward as well, for Star Twinkle. He didn't like being in the middle of this while the two were arguing like that. Although, there wasn't much arguing going on because Applejack was the one who was pretty much in command of the situation. It was like the mare was just expecting her little sister to accept everything that she had planned. In fact, it was just left like that, Applejack walked away from her sister and expected Star Twinkle to take over from here on out.