36. A Hearth's Warming Play

Hearth's Warming Eve.
The day before Hearth's Warming.
Like every year, a pageant was held in Canterlot to reenact the tale of the founding of Equestria.
This normally wouldn't be much of an interest for Star Twinkle's but this time it was different.

He and his friends were chosen by Princess Celestia to play the actors.
Performing in a front of so many ponies is not something that he was looking forward to that.
But he couldn't just say no.
The Princess asked him after all...

Eventually, his thoughts were interrupted by Twilight's excitement.

"We're getting closer!" Twilight said excitedly as she looked out of the window of the train, followed by Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

"I'm so excited, I-I feel like shouting!" Fluttershy said followed by a very soft shout.

Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie also looked out of the windows to take a look at Canterlot in the distance.

Star Twinkle, remained inside of the train.
Canterlot was nothing new for him.
His thoughts laid somewhere else.

"I wonder if they watch the play too..." he mumbled to himself.

"What was that, Star Twinkle?" Twilight asked, who overheard Star Twinkle's words.

"Nothing..." Star Twinkle replied absently.

When the train arrived the group took their time to admire the sight of a snow-filled Canterlot.
Star Twinkle didn't found it too exciting but he didn't want to ruin the mood and remained silent.

"Should I visit them while I'm here?
But I'm not on a vacation...
There is probably no time anyway..." he thought.

They all walked their way to a theater and went backstage to put on their costumes for the play.

"I can't believe that Princess Celestia chose us to put on the most important play of the season! Do you guys know what an honor this is? For all of us?" Twilight said in excitement.

This only put unnecessary pressure on Star Twinkle.
What if they failed?
It is the most important play of the season so if they mess up, everything would end in a chaos.
As if standing on stage wasn't already bad enough.

"Oh, I wish she hadn't honored me quite so much... I can't go onstage! I don't want everypony looking at me!" Said Fluttershy nervously as expected.

It was like Fluttershy speaking out Star Twinkle's thoughts.
Fluttershy then hid her head inside of a box full of decorations, while shaking in fear.
But Rarity tried her best to cheer up Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy, darling, there's nothing to feel nervous about,"

"No?" Fluttershy replied.

"Of course not. All across Equestria, ponies are preparing their own pageants for Hearth's Warming Eve in their own towns. It's tradition," Rarity explained while she prepared Fluttershy for the play.

"So you're saying they'll be too busy to come to our play?" Fluttershy said a little relieved.

"Well, no. We're in the Canterlot pageant, the biggest, most important production in all of Equestria. A lot of ponies will come to watch us,"

"A lot?" Fluttershy replied worriedly.

"Hundreds," Rarity corrected.

"Hundreds?" Fluttershy said shaking.

"Maybe even thousands!" Rarity said in excitement.

Fluttershy yelped in shock and returned to stick her head inside of her box again.