65. Destiny

It was surprising how Star Twinkle could even sleep after the events from one day before. His friends having their destinies turned around, looking for Twilight for half of the day, and lastly, Twilight turning into an Alicorn Princess. Of course, Star Twinkle was not directly affected by all those things but it still involved him in one way or another.

Eventually, waking up with those thoughts made him go out of his bed. He sat up on his bed and turned to the side. "Morning Comet," he said as he greeted his pet goldfish.

Comet didn't move and only blinked slowly. He was greeting Star Twinkle right back.

Twilight became a princess. Those were the only thoughts that he had in mind as he went through his morning routines. However, it wasn't even true yet. The coronation for Twilight was supposed to be today but for some reason, she wanted to make sure that it was postponed by one day. Star Twinkle figured that she was doing that so that she could mentally prepare herself or that she wanted to have one last normal day before attending some Princess duties, whatever those would be.

He was wondering if he should be nervous or happy for her. For some reason, it was important for him to figure out how he felt about it. A little while ago, when he just met his friends, he wouldn't even consider it his problem and continue his day like it was nothing. It would definitely spare him a headache that he had at this very moment. But now Twilight, as well as his other friends became much more important to him. He wanted them to be happy. He wanted to be happy for them. And most importantly, he wanted to feel like as if he was part of them. Seeing Twilight vanish for half of the day without knowing what happened to her, left him in sadness. It was proof that he no longer could just mind his own business without caring about his friends.

"Was I always so deep?" Star Twinkle wondered as he sat on the table in his kitchen, taking a bite off from a piece of bread. "I need to take things a little easier. I don't want to worry about all this stuff. I just want to be happy that my life changed for the better. That's not too much to ask for, right?" He thought, literally arguing with himself in his mind.

Suddenly, some noise made him snap out again. Somepony knocked on the door. He stuffed the rest of his piece of bread inside of his mouth and swallowed it after chewing a few times before he went to the door to open it. He had no idea who it could be. It was strange enough that someone was visiting him this early in the morning.

Star Twinkle opened the door and was quickly greeted by a familiar pony. "Morning, Star Twinkle!" A brown coated and silver-maned stallion greeted.

"Morning, Steel Hammer," Star Twinkle greeted back. "I don't think you visited me this early before. Is there something you want?"

"I just thought it would be a good idea if we could go for a walk," Steel Hammer suggested.

"This early in the morning?" Star Twinkle questioned a little bothered.

"You have anything else to do?" Steel Hammer replied.

"Well, he got me there..." Star Twinkle thought, finding himself not seeing a way out of this now.
"Alright, alright..." Star Twinkle agreed before he walked outside and closed the door behind him. "So where are we going?"

"We'll figure that out on the way," Steel Hammer replied before he leads the way towards the town.

The two Earth Ponies walked aimlessly around the streets of Ponyville. There was not much talking. In fact, there was none at all. Star Twinkle only followed Steel Hammer to wherever he was going to.

Eventually, Star Twinkle began to get a little confused. "Why isn't he saying anything? Should I say anything? He was the one who wanted to go for a walk, after all..." Star Twinkle thought, wondering about the strange walk that he and Steel Hammer were on for a while now.