41. Center of the Storm - Part 1

There was a slow breeze in the air...
Quiet and soft but also threatening.
Like a predator who was hiding just waiting to get his chance to jump on his prey with full force.

Ponyville...
That was the prey for another member of the Storm Wings...
Cyclone Wing...

He stood on a cliff and looked over Ponyville in the distance.
The wind was blowing through his windmill shaped mane.
His eyes full of determination.
He was also wearing a saddlebag at which he looked at for a moment before he returned his head back to Ponyville.

"I just have to finish this mission..." he said starring down to the little town of Ponyville.
"Then...everything will be over...
And we will be free again..."

There was nothing that could stop him now.
He had to bring the Elements of Harmony to his leader.
There was just too much for him at stake.
Too much to go back now...

He closed his eyes and mentally prepared himself letting the wind blow through his mane.

"Just one more mission...
I will not fail here..." He thought before his mind wandered off to another place in the past...

A little while ago at the Storm Wing Headquarter...

Breeze Flyer was just informing Cyclone Wing about her and Hurricane Wing's failed attempt to get the Elements of Harmony from Ponyville.
Needless to say, Breeze Flyer was not feeling well telling it to Cyclone Wing.

"I'm sorry, Cyclone...we failed..." she said lowering her head in front of Cyclone Wing.

But Cyclone Wing didn't show any anger or disappointment.
Instead, he was waiting for more information.

"It was, Hurricane...he...he was..."

"I understand," Cyclone Wing interrupted, knowing exactly what happened.
"Go.
I will inform Mystic..."

Hearing that instantly made Breeze Flyer raise her head in surprise.

"No!
Me and Hurricane Wing discussed it and we-"

"NO!" He said, stopping Breeze Flyer's sentence.
"I will take full responsibility for your mission.
You can go now," Cyclone Wing said turning around and walking to the end of the room.

Breeze Flyer left the hall with a frown on her face and a lowered head.
When she walked outside she noticed how Hurricane Wing was eavesdropping on both of them.
Breeze Flyer thought that he was still weak from their mission and didn't expect him at all.
He was also frowning and began to walk away with Breeze Flyer following him.

Meanwhile, Cyclone Wing informed Mystic about another failed mission, regarding the elements of Harmony.
Mystic, as expected was not happy to hear this and looked at Cyclone Wing with a mean glare on his face.

"So you are telling me that you sent another one of your brothers and you still failed?"

"Yes..." Cyclone Wing said without any emotions or even making eye contact with Mystic.

But as usual, Mystic didn't care and continued.

"When I said that I wanted the Elements of Harmony,
I meant that I want them as soon as possible and not after a dozen failed attempts!" Mystic exclaimed angrily.

As always when they talk, the tension was at the highest point.
And as always Cyclone Wing didn't bother to reply to most of Mystic's answers and just kept quiet.

"Are your brothers not important to you?" Mystic asked threatening.

This, however, caused Cyclone Wing to get a little angered.
He clenched his teeth, knowing that those words were just said to provoke him.