101. Yaks

Inside of Ponyville's castle, Star Twinkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie all stood patiently in line in the entrance hall waiting for some visitors to arrive. The only one who was nervously walking up and down was, of course, Twilight.

Star Twinkle could only roll his eyes at the sight of this. For some reason though, that got the attention of Twilight. "You look nervous. There's no reason to be nervous. Nothing to worry about. Everything's gonna be fine!" The mare then said being the full definition of nervous right now.

Again, Star Twinkle rolled his eyes. "Twilight can we please skip the usual "you freaking out about nothing," Part?" the stallion said in annoyance. He found himself way too often in a situation like this to not get annoyed. Twilight was simply too nervous, like every other time when she prepared something for someone, and of course, she was really bad in hiding it.

As expected, Pinkie Pie was not the least bit nervous. "Twilight, tell those butterflies in your tummy to beat it! Making new friends is always fun," she said.

"They're probably just as nervous as you are," Fluttershy added.

"You've been plannin' this shindig for weeks. You know everything about these fellers. It's gonna be dandy," Applejack further pointed out.

Twilight inhaled and exhaled slowly, she managed to calm down a little bit after hearing those words. "You're right. Remember, Equestria and Yakyakistan haven't opened their borders for hundreds of moons. In fact, Yakyakistan is so far north of the Crystal Mountains, nopony's even been there! Imagine the look on Princess Celestia's face when she finds out we made friends with a yak prince!" She said in a more nervous voice than ever. "I'm calm! I'm calm..." She then kept telling herself, which was, of course, wishful thinking.

"No, you are not..." Star Twinkle thought to himself. He just wanted this to be over quick so that he no longer had to look at the mare in this state.

It was then when Spike blew into a trumpet, next to the door to let everypony know that their visitors have arrived. Of course, Twilight was on the brink of completely losing it for a moment but she tried her best to hide it, something she wasn't really good at.

As soon as the door opened two big yaks entered the room. Yaks were big creatures with big horns and a lot of fur on their bodies. Despite their bulky appearance though, they carried a lot of pride with them. There was something regal about them. The two yaks stepped aside and revealed another yak behind them, it was Prince Rutherford, who was wearing golden ornaments around his horns, giving him an even more regal looking appearance.

It just struck Star Twinkle that he was in the presence of royalty and he could actually understand why Twilight was nervous now.

"Ponies! Greetings, ponies!" The rough voice of the prince said as soon as he stepped into the castle.

Twilight promptly teleported herself in front of the prince. "Prince Rutherford, your Majesty," she said as she bowed down in respect. "On behalf of all of us, I welcome you to Equestria," she said.

"Me honored. Yaks hope for great friendship between ponies and yaks," Prince Rutherford replied. "FRIENDS FOR A THOUSAND MOONS!" He then shouted in a loud echoing voice, which caused Twilight to rub her ears for a moment.

Now Twilight got a little nervous again. If she would mess up, then it would be her fault now since the yaks definitely seem to wish the same thing as her. This only puts more pressure on the mare.

Luckily, she prepared some things in advance with the help of her friends. "You must be hungry after a long journey," she said before she gave Star Twinkle a signal to push a table in front of the yaks. "We've prepared a banquet of traditional yak foods," she explained.