Chapter 6

Zarah's POV

I went straight and greeted his father, "Good Morning Uncle," Then his mother. "Good morning Momma."

"Morning Zahra, how was your night? We didn't get to meet yesterday. I was so busy with work and please don't call me Uncle. Dad is fine with me."

"Okay Dad," I said with a smile. "Let me serve you your breakfast."

"Don't worry about it, my wife will serve it for me," he said, winking at Momma.

She served him then said, "Hello Zarah, I hope Ayyan didn't give you any trouble. I'm so sorry I made you cook breakfast but it's part of our tradition. Don't worry, you won't have to cook tomorrow, only today." I smiled and nodded my head.

I served myself, then turned to Ayyan. "What would you like to have?" I asked him politely trying to be nice.

But he had to ruin my chance of being friendly. "I'm not hungry. Thank you very much," he replied, his jaw clenched and his fave showing no emotions.

"Ayyan, why are you doing this to her? It's not her fault, you know," his mother scolded him. "I thought I raised you to be a good person. Why do you keep doing that? It's clearly my fault."

"No Momma, it's not your fault. It's her fault," he said, and left the room, banging the door on his way out.

I was still shocked at what happened. I wonder why he is so rude and egotistical. God, I didn't think I could put up with his behavior.

The dining room immediately became awkwardly quiet. Everyone ate his meal quietly and left. Dad was the first one to leave followed by Momma, Aysha and me. We left Maryam fixing up a meal for Zoya when she wakes up.

I left the dining-room clueless as to what to do next. I was thinking of going back to his room, and getting some sleep before the guests arrive. On my way to his room, I met Zoya who just woke up from sleep, noticing the way she was squinting her eyes ready to cry.

"Shh, don't cry Zoya, your Aunt Zarah will help you. Come on let's go brush your teeth then we'll have breakfast," I told her in a soothing voice hoping she wouldn't cry. People said I'm good with babies, I guess it's time to cry.

"Who are you?" she innocently asked me.

"I am your Uncle Ayyan's wife." Wow, I was also surprised when I said that. I never thought I'll say that I wS someone's wife, that someone too being Ayyan.

"Oh, you're Uncle Yanny's Cinderella. I leally like you sho mush." Her voice was so cute.

I picked her up and asked her where her room is. Guess what, she doesn't know so we're basically clueless.

"Can't you at least show me the way?" She just stared at me blankly her head showing me that she doesn't even have the slightest idea where her room is.

"Uncle Yanny!" She yelled. When did he arrive? Seriously, they had a habit of appearing out of thin air.

"What's going on?" He asked in his deep amazing voice. Did I just say that? Well, I didn't know what was wrong with me.

"Aunt Rarah is going to brush my teeth and clean me up." I just love her cute voice.

"We were just going, when she informed me that she doesn't know the way to her room," I said frustrated because we had been doing the same thing for a while.

"Let me take you there," he said, a blank look on his face. He carried her while she squealed excitedly. I followed them silently watching him playing with her. They were just so cute, Masha Allah.

We finally reached her room which was a typical baby girl's room but bigger and more beautiful. It was elegant and it also screamed money like everything else in the huge house.

I took her to the bathroom and brushed her teeth till they were sparkling clean. He left the room once he showed us the way. Thank goodness I remembered the way back to the mini living room where her mom was waiting for her with the food.

"I want Aunty Rarah to feed me," Zoya demanded when Maryam sat her down to feed her.

"When did you two start bonding? She doesn't trust easily but she even wants you to feed her."

"I guess I'm just lucky she's playing with me." I didn't know that, I just thought she was a friendly baby that was why she allowed me to brush her teeth.

I finished feeding her and stood up to go back upstairs and arrange my clothes. If there was some time left after I finished I could have my nap, I thought.

***

Hey guys:) How are you all doing? How is the ramadan? Can't wait for Eid which is tomorrow. So I've finally updated. Enjoy💗

Have you guys seen that video about Yanny and laurel? I was writing when I thought Yanny and Ayyan rhyme. And I heard Yanny so I decided to make it his nickname.

Before I forget, please suggest a ship name for our fav couple. The winner gets a whole chapter dedicated to him💞

If you liked it, please vote, comment and share!

~R.