Chapter 15

Zarah's POV

Life had been treating me well these past few days. Since the banana incident, Ayyan and I are both really trying to make this marriage work. Like he had been putting his heart and mind to it.

I called Muna and told her how phase 1 went and she told me that it was a good sign.

But I was pretty sure there was a reason why he was trying so hard because I spent two to three months with the guy, and he never really paid much attention to me. He would neither maltreat nor would he talk to me. We just ignored each other until 3 days ago.

My mind reminded me that I had a plan to execute and I hadn't even done half of it.

'Phase 2: Once you guys become friends, you will make him do simple stuff like watch a movie with you or play ps4 or something like that. If he refuses, tell him that you are friends and friends do stuff with each other. That will make you to become the best of friends and then we go to the next phase.'

"Hey, wanna watch a movie?" I suddenly asked breaking my train of thoughts.

"Sure why not?" See what I'm talking about. He's trying and I like that he wants this marriage to work. I thought I would have to blackmail him. No I don't like him, I just like the fact that he's trying.

"Which one?"

"I don't know. You should choose and I'll make us some popcorn," I suggested. I was still shocked that Ayyan agreed to watch a movie with me. Sure, we talked to each other now, but I didn't expect him to say yes. I thought he would say he was busy or something like that.

"Okay, but make sure not to burn them." He winked at me. Oh my god, did he just wink at me? This new side of Ayyan was making it hard for me to not like him.

What with the smiles during breakfast, the midnight talks—Ayyan tells me how his day went whenever he comes back from work now. It started after the banana incident—and now he winked at me.

I think I'm dreaming. Somebody please pinch me.

I just smiled and said, "You know, I can cook better than you."

So when I came back from the kitchen with the popcorn, some snacks and drinks, I asked him what we were going to watch.

"The Nun," He stated casually but firmly leaving no room for arguments but I wasn't gonna back down. I can't sleep whenever I watch horror movies. Sometimes Muna would have to force me to watch horror movies beacause she says and I quote,

'What is life without horror movies?'

"No, no, no, we are not going to watch a horror movie. I have made my decision and it's final."

"But you were the one that asked me to choose the movie."

"I know and now I am asking you, no I am begging you to change this movie."

"Is the princess afraid of watching a little horror movie?" he asked mocking me with a tiny smirk on his face. Let's face it, we all know it's huge not tiny.

"I am not afraid of watching the movie but I will prefer another one."

"Okay then, let's watch A quiet place." Is this man trying to deprive me of my beauty sleep?

"No. Just let me choose the movie."

"But you just finished saying you weren't afraid of watching horror movies." Muna has forced me to watch countless of horror movies throughout my life so why not watch this one and show him that I'm not scared.

"If I can't go to sleep because of this movie, I'm gonna kill Ayyan," I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say?" he asked, a slight smirk on his face.

"Oh I just said let's choose one between the two," I mumbled, already regretting my decision.

Ayyan went with his first choice. I plopped on the sofa sitting beside him but leaving enough space between us. Ignoring the weird look he was giving me, I munched on my popcorn.

The movie started playing. I was so scared that I closed my eyes shut.

"Come on and stop being a baby. It's just a movie," Ayyan reassured me.

"Fine."

The movie was becoming scarier with each passing second. I finally survived after watching this movie. I wasn't even breathing properly because of fear.

"Goodnight," I said.

"Night."

I went upstairs to my room. Locking the door when I entered, I sprawled on my bed trying to calm my erratic breathing. When I finally calmed down a little, I stood up and changed into my pyjamas. I laid on the bed but sleep refused to come. The picture of the nun kept flashing in my eyes.

I needed to drink water.

Light footsteps echoed as my feet touched the steps one by one. I reached the kitchen only to find the light on and a certain someone sitting on a chair. I grabbed a bottled water from the fridge and sat down on a chair adjacent to his.

"What are you doing down here?" He asked me.

I gulped down some of the water before answering, "I wasn't feeling sleepy. What about you?"

"Same."We sat in a comfortable silence. No one was daring to break the peaceful atmosphere.

"I wish I had brought my novels with me atleast I would have something to do in this house," I whispered to myself but Ayyan heard me. He was in deep thought before he said.

"Come, I have an idea and I know you are going to love it."

I followed him as we went upstairs past his room. I never realized how big this house was actually. We were passing rooms on our way before we stopped on one with double oak doors. Ayyan pushed the door open.

"Woah!" I whispered, "Am I in some sort of dream? This is amazing." I was in a big library with shelves of books, beanbags were placed around the room.

"Well, do you like it?" Ayyan asked me.

"I love it so much. Thank you Ayyan." I smiled so big and went towards the first shelf. Ayyan just smiled. I look through the books. One name caught my eyes.

Harry Potter.

Ayyan is making it hard for me not to like him.

***

Longest chapter ever. Hope you liked it. If you did, please vote, comment and share! ❤️

~R.