Chapter 14

Zarah's POV

Today went by so fast or maybe it was because of the fact that I spent the whole day at my real home. We were at home. Fancy me saying home when I get treated like I didn't belong there. I was in my room while he was in the dining room eating his dinner.

I was busy pacing up and down in my room trying to think of some way to start this plan. Okay, I really needed to get out there and start this plan. If I remembered clearly, Muna divided this plan into phases.

'Phase 1: Talk to him often. Try to start an interesting convo. Make sure he becomes comfortable with you.'

I nervously went out of my room and into the dining room passing the living room on my way. I found him sitting on one of the chairs and eating a banana. I guess he's done with the food.

"Hey," I whispered slowly.

After an interesting silence, he replied. "Do you need anything?"

"No, I-I just wanted to talk to you and ask you some things."

"Go ahead, I'm listening."

"Um... why do you ignore me always when I'm your wife?" I hesitantly asked.

"Do you want me to talk to you like an old friend?" He asked, a tinge of sarcasm to his voice.

"No, but at least treat me in a civil manner. I am going insane cooped up in this house all day long." I didn't know where I found this confidence of mine.

"What do you want me to do then? Do you want me to take you to work?" Why was he being sarcastic while I was serious?

"You are not taking me seriously, are you?"

"Nope, why should I?" He smirked saying the first word with a pop at the end. The guy was annoying me and he knew it.

I didn't respond deliberately ignoring him. The plan was not working at all. I made up my mind to not try again— I was exhausted with trying to make the so-called marriage work.

Maybe we should get divorced.

I decided to grab a pear and leave the dining room. I grabbed the pear and was about to leave the kitchen when I stepped on something slippery and slipped landing face forward on the floor. I threw the pear when I slipped and it landed back hitting me on my neck. I angrily threw the pear away.

"Ouch!" I yelled when I tried to sit back up.

'This was not how it should've happened. I was supposed to fall and he would catch me midway and we would have that romantic moment that is mentioned in books. But instead, I'm down here kissing the floor.' I said angrily in my mind or did I?

I found Ayyan trying so hard to hold back his laughter. I glared at him and he started laughing uncontrollably.

"She... she thought.." He was trying to speak through his laughs but failing miserably. His laugh was really contagious and I started laughing too. Ayyan laughing was a really beautiful sight. His dimples deepened with his booming laughter and his multi-colored eyes shined with a twinkle I had never seen before.

That day, I saw a different side of Ayyan. After a while, the laughter died down. Then Ayyan spoke with a smirk on his smiling face, "You thought you were gonna have a romantic moment."

Oh my God, I couldn't believe I said that aloud. I blushed embarrassed. Ayyan stood up and came close to me. He offered me his hand and I hesitated a bit before grabbing his warm hand. He pulled me back up and let go of my hands. I dusted my clothes and ignored the warm invitation of his hand.

"Won't you thank me?" he asked with a smirk.

"It was all your fault. If you hadn't thrown the banana peel on the floor, I wouldn't have fallen down." I glared at him. I turned around to leave but a certain someone stopped me.

"Zarah," he called my name in that husky voice of his making me turn and look at him.

"What is it?"

"You said I don't treat you properly so let's try this again, shall we?" I kept quiet so that he would evaluate further.

"Friends?" He put out that warm hand which I had been longing to touch again.

"Friends," I replied, and shook his hand. Only this time we both refused to let go.

***

Yo!! Your favorite author here😁 I decided to update today and give you a special treat cuz today is my birthday🎉

This is one of my favorite chapters❤️. You wanna know why? Because Zahra and Ayyan are finally getting along. Yayy!!!

I guess the plan is working but not the way Muna planned it. Ohh well, it's all the same. We'll find out the rest of the plan in the following chapters. Till then.

If you loved it, please vote, comment and share!

~R.