Chapter 30

'Life's a game made for everyone and love is the prize.'
~Avicii

This chapter is dedicated to Avicii. Gone but never forgotten ❤️

Zarah's POV

Thud!

I ignored the sound and snuggled more into my large teddy bear, willing my mind to go back to sleep.

Thud! Thud!!

I heard the sound again. I don't want to wake up now, I thought. Few seconds later, the sound came again. And I heard Ayyan groaning underneath me.

I could no longer feel Ayyan's warmth, which means one thing. "What the f*ck do you want?" I rubbed my eyes and sat down on the bed, covering myself with the duvet.

Ayyan was talking to someone at the door but I couldn't see who. The two whispered some more before Ayyan closed — slammed — the door.

"Good morning." He said in his husky morning voice but something seemed to be wrong.

"Morning," I groaned then continued, "My beauty sleep has been ruined."

"Well, we do have to wake up and go downstairs now," He muttered annoyed.

"Why? What's wrong?" I questioned him.

"Apparently, it's very urgent and we may have to leave for the capital," I could tell he wasn't happy about whatever it is.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go and see what's up. But let's freshen up first." Ayyan nodded then grabbed his clothes and left me alone in the room.

I wonder what's wrong.

"You ready?" Ayyan asked me to which I nodded. He was dressed in a black polo t-shirt and dark jeans with black boots. He looked devilishly handsome with the shirt clinging to his bulging muscles.

Damn.

Pinning my hijab, I grabbed my phone and left the room with Ayyan's hand in mine.

"You look pretty." Ayyan commented on my outfit. I blushed and complimented him too. I was wearing a simple turquoise floor length summer dress with floral designs and white hijab.

"What do you think is wrong?" I mused.

"It could honestly be anything. Aysha refused to say a word when I asked her." I nodded my head and tried to calm my nerves. I hope it's nothing serious.

"You guys took your time." Aysha was the first person to speak when we entered the dining hall. Everyone was seated and waiting for us.

"Hello to you too, Aysha." I proceeded to greet everyone before sitting down in a chair that Ayyan pulled out for me.

"So, are you guys going to tell us what's wrong or not?" Ayyan asked calmly.

"Let's eat first." Papi suggested — more like ordered.

Small talk was made as everyone satisfied his overnight hunger. It was clear that something wasn't right. Ayyan noticed it, I noticed it, but we all kept quiet.

"Now that everyone's satisfied, let's discuss what brought us here," Papi stood up and went to the adjourning living room, gesturing for all of us to follow him which we did.

The living room was large and spacious. It looked three times the size of ours back home. These people are so effing rich.

Papi motioned to one of the several guards placed inside the room. He brought forward what looked like a stack of papers. Or were they magazines? Not that any of that matters.