Chapter 9

Ayyan's POV

I was on my way home when I got a call from Momma. She had been pestering me to get married recently. I knew it was going to be about that same topic. But she knew the reason why I didn't want to get married.

But I was suprised when I heard Dad's voice. "Assalamu Alaikum Ayyan, Can you come home now? I need to talk to you," His voice sounded urgent.

"Okay, Dad. I'm on my way there already."

I arrived home and met everyone. By everyone I mean Momma, Dad, Aysha and even Maryam was present.

"Suplisee!" Someone said in a cute but loud voice behind me. It was Zoya.

"My baby is back." I picked up Zoya, gave her a kiss then turned to Maryam,"When did you arrive? Why didn't you tell me you were coming? And where is Mustapha?"

"We just wanted to suprise you and you were pretty much suprised. Mustapha is back home," Maryam said. Something just didn't feel right. Maryam would not just fly here without any reason, there had to be something going on.

"Okay, now Dad you said you wanted to talk to me. Is everything all right? Your voice seemed urgent."

"We will talk later but right now you need to freshen up and catch up with your sister and niece," Dad said to me.

"Alright Dad. Lemme go and freshen up. Be back in a while." I left for my room after briefly informing them.

Five hours later and I was sitting in my room shocked. Well, it was one hell of a confession. So let me tell you what happened that made me this angry and confused.

I went downstairs after freshening up. We had a family dinner after a long time. Everyone was around except her. Zoya kept blabbering the whole time. We had a great time and chatted reminscing old memories.

After dinner, we all went to the sitting room to watch tv. When we had settled down, Dad asked Aysha to take Zoya to bed. I knew it was time for Dad and everyone to tell me what is going on.

Dad cleared his throat and started telling me what will change my life forever. "Ayyan, your grandfather is sick and-"

I cut him off. "Papi is sick and nobody even told me. I knew something was wrong."

He ignored me and continued, "And you need to get married. So we arranged your marriage with Mr Othman's daughter, Zarah."

"WHAT?" I yelled. Today is so not my day.

"We had no choice Ayyan. You know why we did it. And you also have yourself to blame because I've been pestering you to bring your girl home but you refused. I knew something like this was going to happen," Momma finished what Dad started.

"But Momma, you all know why I don't want to get close to a girl talkless of getting married," I said, grinding my jaw lowly.

"Yes we all do, but there's nothing we can do about it," Maryam replied quietly beside me.

"That is not my main concern at the moment. When are we visiting Papi? Is he going to be alright? What type of illness is he suffering from?" I asked them all in one breath. My mind begging to see him.

"He is going to be alright InshaAllah. We are visiting him after your marriage. They need to see you with a wife. And to complete some of the traditional rites required," Dad answered.

I didn't even know what to say. I was a mixture if emotions. I was happy Papi was going to be all right, and we get to visit him. But, I didn't know whether to be happy or sad about that. I was also fuming because they couldn't just marry me off to any girl they wish to.

Yet, I knew it had to be done no matter what. So it was better to just leave the matter but she was going to regret getting married to me.

She'd leave the marriage—willingly or unwillingly.

***

Heyyyy guys. How are you doing? Yay!!! Aren't you so excited? It's Ayyan's first POV. Well, I smell some drama with Zahra. Can't wait for their first meeting in Ayyan's POV.

What do you think about them getting married because Papi is sick? Something seems fishy, don't you think? Anyways, hope you enjoyed it.

If you loved it, please vote, comment and share!

~R.