Chapter 33

A/N: Play the song above after the ^^^. Or you can keep replaying the song. I really recommend you listen to the song while reading that particular part. 💘

To a very good friend and wonderful supporter, we love you (Ayyan inclusive😉). Thank you for everything.❤️the_wit_kitten

Ayyan's POV

The Royale Council was made up of five members. One from each of the four cardinal points and the last one for the centre(capital). They help coordinate things around the country.

They have an age-long habit of butting their heads into situations that don't concern them. This certainly made me trust them less and less every day.

Papi might trust those old fools but they'll be gone the moment I become King, because no one tells the King what to do.

So, naturally, I wasn't surprised when they spoke to me about Zarah; they had their concerns but I assured them she was the perfect Queen.

I had no doubt that they will like Zarah as soon as they meet her.

She truly is an amazing soul and I don't think anyone can really dislike her. No matter how hard they try — I'm a living proof of that, afterall.

The council had also informed me on what The Fighters ( A/N: Check Chapter 26 if you can't remember them) were up to. They're trying to sabotage the ancient monarchy of Runaria, and it seems, this time they have extra help.

Help we cannot afford right now.

With Papi sick, Dad leaving to settle things before handing his business to me, the wedding, and my business needing me too, things were just not going my way.

The only good thing about it all was the wedding.

"Ayyan, where are you?" Suleiman barged into my office. "You have got to see this."

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked, turning my chair from the view below to face him. "Stop pacing around like a bear! Sit down! And tell me what's fucking wrong."

"This is no time to sit down, Ayyan. The fighters have finally claimed responsibility for the recent happenings."

"That's good news. You should sit down because this means progress. If we know who is making it happen, we can eliminate them. Simple."

"They left a warning, Ayyan," he said, "a warning we cannot ignore. Look at this." He handed me an AMK tablet.

"How in the fucking world did they get in there?" I yelled, leaving my seat. "Status?"

"Contained."

"Casualties?"

"Three." My office door shut with a loud slam as we left.

"Explain!"

"Two guards were injured trying to prevent the attacker from escaping, the other was an intern knocked out by the same attacker."

"Deaths?" I cringed as the word came from my mouth. I might be cold, but I sure as hell do not want my people to die.

"None, for now," he said, walking briskly.

"What in the world do you mean by that?"

"Papi is doing nothing about the fighters, the council doesn't give a second fuck about anything that doesn't affect them; them ignoring it won't make it stop, you know."

I kept quiet grazing over what he said. All what he said, especially about the council, was true. But Papi doesn't have the strength to fight anymore.