4. Mystery Girl

I stop my car in front of a breathtakingly beautiful contemporary styled house. After making sure that I have the correct house—the big house with a black gate with horizontal slats, according to the guard in the village entrance—I step out of my car.

I roll up the sleeves of my light blue button-down shirt. To complete my boyish outfit, it's paired with khaki chino shorts and sneakers. Most of my wardrobe consists of men's clothes, I like them better than girls'.

I was about to ring the doorbell when someone steps out of the door. I could see someone walking towards me through the gaps in the gate.

The gate opens, revealing a beautiful girl with raven-black hair and piercing gray eyes. I still can't believe I'm gonna be spending most of my senior year with this gorgeous girl in front of me.

My eyes scan her outfit. She's wearing a white loose v-neck t-shirt and denim shorts that flaunts her flawless legs. My eyes linger on there for a second longer before I hear her clear her throat.

"Learn to be more discreet when you're checking someone out." She points out.

I sheepishly smile at her. "Can't help it. You look gorgeous, Gray," I beam. "And most of the time they're checking me out too."

"I'm not, am I?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"That's why I said most." I chuckle and open the passenger door for her. She seemed surprised by the gesture. She mutters a 'thank you' before going in. "Seatbelt please," I add before going over to the driver's seat.

"Is my outfit appropriate?" she asks.

"Yeah, don't worry," I assure her. "The first time I went there was after a game. I was just wearing a t-shirt and my jersey shorts." The recollection makes me smile.

"Where exactly are we going?" she asks again.

I glance at her before answering, "It's a restaurant just outside town. It's a nice place, I think you'll like it."

She doesn't say anything but I see her nod from my peripheral vision.

"So," I begin. "Do you have any siblings?"

"I have 3 older brothers," she replies while looking out the window.

That's unexpected. I nod my head even though I know she can't see me. "Now I see why you seem to give off the spoiled rich brat aura." I joke.

"Yeah sue me." She says flatly.

I shake my head in astonishment, grinning to myself. This girl really is something.

"Are we there yet?" she asks shifting in her seat.

"We're near. Why do you look bored all of the time?"

"Is there anything interesting in this particular conversation?"

I nod my head slowly. "Point taken."

And we reach our destination at last. At the front of the restaurant is the word "Tiolo's" in a cursive font.

I've eaten several times with my family and friends here and this place never disappoints me.

"Table for 2 please," I tell the man at the entrance.

"This way ma'am." He indicates for us to follow him inside.

I chose this restaurant because it has a comfortable ambiance that makes you feel at home. The food tastes good without being pricey, the staff is friendly and the service is great. Paintings of forests and mountains lined the beige walls. The man leaves us after leading us to a table covered in white.