23. Masquerade

"Wear this," Georgia instructs as she shows me a black mask with flecks of gold around the edges. "Turn around."

"Is it really okay for me to be here?" I ask as she ties the ribbon at the back of my head. I feel so out of place. The people here are big-time businessmen and women. Owners of the big companies that basically run the industry. I'm no one.

I hear the sharp sound of the cloth fastening and feel soft lips press on the side of my neck. "You're perfect."

I suck in a tight breath. Perfect where?, I want to ask her. My outfit for tonight is a simple black tux and a white dress shirt paired with a bowtie. My hair is tied in a low ponytail at the back of my neck. No makeup of any sort. With my non-existent boobs and the mask I'm wearing, I bet I could even pass for a guy.

Georgia, on the other hand, is looking like she's ready to snatch all the men's hearts in the event. The dark-blue satin gown she's wearing hugs her body in all the right places. A plunging neckline outlines her well-endowed breasts. Two, thin straps that go from her neck to her back intersect in the backless gown.

"I thought we agreed no kissing." I croak.

She laughs and I feel the warm air come out of her mouth. I bite my lip on impulse. "Did we? Because I wanna eat you out right now. Is that considered kissing?"

Blood rises up to my face. "I-I think we should go." I hurriedly open the door and step out of the Limo. Georgia follows a few seconds later, a gold mask mounted on her face.

I offer her my arm and she takes it without hesitation, a beaming smile plastered on her face. The slit on her gown makes her already sexy look even more daring. She loops her arms in mine and we make our way inside the Grand Hall.

Georgia makes sure to stop by on the photo booth to get our picture taken. Thankfully, the heels she's wearing were not high, and I still look taller than her. As we pose for a picture, I snake an arm around her waist and pull her closer to me, making sure to graze the skin showing on her back just to tease her.

A smirk form on her lips. "Game on," she announces confidently and leads me to the crowd.

A middle-aged man with a sharp tux and gray hair approaches us and for the first time since I met her, I see Georgia smile with warmth. She gives him a cheek kiss.

"Georgia. Glad you could make it." He tells her.

"It's not like I have a choice." Georgia rolls her eyes jokingly.

The man eyes me. "And this is?"

"Alex, sir." I hold out a hand.

"Lincoln." He shakes my hand firmly, looking me in the eyes. I catch a glimpse at his somewhat-familiar blue eyes. He turns back to Georgia. "Enjoy the rest of the night."

A waiter passes us and Georgia grabs two glasses of champagne. Georgia introduces me to every person she knows, which is almost everybody. And as if shaking too many hands and drinking too much champagne wasn't enough, Georgia kept on giving me those eyes—suggestive, sultry, lustful.

After what felt like forever, we finally get to take a seat. I pull out Georgia's seat and help her ease into the chair before sitting on my own. She grins at me. "What a gentleman."

The compliment makes me smile. "My parents raised me well."

"Wish my date had at least half of your decency." Someone speaks beside me. A girl about my age stares back at me, her brown hair styled in a braid. Even with the red mask that matches her gown, her beauty stands out.

"Too bad she's not a real man." A boy who looks a few years older than me speaks beside her.

"I don't have to be a man to show basic human decency." I smile at him. The girl tries to hide a smile.