34. Hands Off

Alvarrez

Alexis Gray is my girlfriend.

When I asked her—wait, I didn't ask. I blurted out my feelings and it turned into a half-assed proposal. Needless to say, none of it was planned. It's just... being with Julia and making her smile and laugh like that warmed my heart so much it felt like it was about to burst. It made me realize that I want to be the one who makes her happy. 

I don't care what her ex-girlfriend—or anyone, for that matter—thinks. I meant every word I said and I have every intention to prove it to anyone who dares to question it.

I assumed she would like to keep our relationship private, but when I asked her how we should act in school, she simply answered, Like girlfriends.

Right now, my girlfriend—damn, I am never getting used to that—is doing a presentation in front of the class. Our Science teacher assigned it to her to get an incentive to make up for the things she missed last week. Her white, button-down shirt is neatly tucked in the denim jeans that are doing wonders for her legs. The first two buttons in her shirt are undone, revealing the slightest hint of cleavage.

Julia catches me looking. A hint of a smirk plays at the edge of her lips.

The class is unusually quiet. I can't blame them. It's not every day you get to see Alexis Gray looking like a goddess while discussing the Laws of Motion. Although I think they're not really listening to what she's saying. I'd bet they're taking this chance to ogle Julia without looking creepy. Because I'm doing the same.

Once done, Julia rakes her eyes across the class. "Any questions?" Her tone almost makes it sound like a threat.

To everyone's surprise, someone raises their hand. It's Rick. One of the alpha males in the school and infamous for spreading STDs. With a cocky smile across his lips, he boldly asks, "Wanna go have lunch with me?"

"No thanks. I'm not fond of wasting my time." Julia answers without a second thought. "Any questions related to what I discussed?"

A few chuckles echo in the room.

Okay, let's see if I can put Sophia's trivia to good use. I raise my hand. Julia raises an eyebrow. "Yes, Alvarrez?"

I lean forward on my chair. "Since we're discussing motion, I have one question. What happens when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?"

"Ah. The irresistible force paradox." Her mouth slowly forms into a coy smile. Her dimples show. "The short answer is: it's not possible. If there's an unstoppable force, there cannot exist an immovable object and vice versa. Moreover, one of those concepts actually cannot exist. An immovable object would have to have infinite inertia, and therefore infinite mass. If the mass is infinite, it will give off an infinite amount of gravity which will cause everything in the universe to pull in itself towards the center. It will collapse into a black hole, then the rest of the universe will follow."

It takes a moment to register that she's done talking. "Oh."

She finishes with a self-satisfied cocky grin. "Does that answer satisfy you, Alvarrez?"

Yes, and I think I just came a little because you're so fucking sexy when you speak like that so can you please satisfy me next, is what I wanted to say, but a pathetic, "Perfect," is all that comes out of my mouth.

Just in time, the lunch bell rings and I'm released from the mental image of me pinning Julia against one of these walls with my hands all over her.

"Guess that's all for today." The teacher announces. "Alexis, you did great."

Julia gives him a polite smile before walking to her seat to get her bag. She brushes past me, tips my hanging jaw upwards and whispers, "Might catch a fly."