41. Breakfast in Bed

The sound of my blaring alarm rouses me from a dreamless sleep. I reach out to my bedside table to turn it off and settle back into the warmth of the solid body curled around mine. After hours of lovemaking, we just passed out in each other's arms.

For a moment, I just relish the feel of the strong arms that wrapped around my torso, and the steady breathing of my lover coaxing me back to sleep. I turn around and face Alex. She stirs a little from the movement, but her eyes remain closed.

I trace the contours of her face, the bridge of her nose, and when I reach her slightly parted lips, the memories of the places those lips have touched sends shivers through my body. Something red catches my eyes.

I lean back a little to get a better view, and my eyes widen upon seeing the state of Alex's very naked body. Hickeys riddled the area surrounding her breasts, and there were scratches on her side that led to her back. Fuck. Did I do all that?

I replay the events of last night in my head. Me on top of Alex, grinding on her; the look on her face as I fucked her senseless; her voice as she cursed and moaned my name. I close my eyes and blow out a breath. Yes. Yes, I did all that.

The desire in my body slowly churns again. Alex letting me have my way with her turned me on more than anything else. It surprised me how easy I lost control while she, on the other hand, was considerate enough to be gentle with me. She touched me like I was a fragile artwork she didn't want to get fingerprints on. I already knew that she was a passionate lover, but last night totally blew me away. My skin still tingled from all the parts she touched and I felt sore in all the right places.

I push myself up on my elbow and kiss her. Once, then twice, and soon I'm peppering her face with kisses until her eyes flutter open.

Alex raises a hand to rub her eyes. When the green orbs focus on my face, she gives me a sleepy, sleepy smile. "Hi."

"Morning," I reply, my voice coming out hoarse from all the times I screamed her name last night.

"I think this is the first time we woke up with each other still on the bed," Alex chuckles. She tucks my head under her chin and pulls me closer until I was comfortably resting on her shoulders. "Feels good."

I backtrack to all the times we spent the night together, noting that it had indeed been the first time. "I don't mind waking up to this every day."

"You sure? I'm usually a lot grumpier and crankier in the morning."

"Give me an attitude, I'll triple it and throw it back at you."

Alex's laughter vibrates through her body. "'Course you will." She starts rubbing my back, idly tracing patterns across my skin.

"If you keep doing that, I'll fall back to sleep," I say, stifling a yawn.

Alex replies with a low hum that says it's exactly what she's planning.

I nudge her with my head. "Al, we have to go to school."

This time, a groan emerged from deep in Alex's throat. Unlike the groans she let out while in passion last night, this one sounded more like a whine. "Don't wanna." She throws her legs over mine and tightens her arms around me. The urge to stay in bed and spend the day with her was enticing. If we didn't have so much to do today, I would've succumbed to the temptation.

"Me neither," I sigh. "But we really have to." I reluctantly pry myself off from her. The blanket covering both of us slides down and pools on my hips.

Alex reaches out a hand and traces it over the tattoo that peeked out from under the blanket. "While I breathe, I hope."

My eyebrows shoot upwards. "You knew?"