17. Temptation

Georgia took me to a bar I've never been to before. It's much bigger, more crowded and so much wilder than rad. The blinding disco lights made it hard to stake out the place, but it was easy to spot the hot DJ standing in the stage. Party music is booming from the speakers, the people in the dance floor grinding to its beat.

"I can introduce you to her later if you'd like," Georgia shouts over the noise.

I shake my head. "I'm only here for a drink."

We take a seat in the bar, far from the blaring music. The bartender eyes me. "I haven't seen you around before."

"She's with me." Georgia butts in before I could respond.

"Oh, sorry, G. Didn't see you there." She smiles apologetically. "I'll get you the usual." She turns to me. "And what should I get for this beauty?"

"JD and—"

"Give her the B-52. Bacardi on top." Georgia interrupts.

Did I just hear her say Bacardi?

"You're serious about this one, huh." The bartender laughs. "I'll be back in a minute."

"Wait," Georgia turns to me, her blue eyes twinkling. "Make it ten. Don't bother with the usual." She tells the bartender.

I pull out a cigarette. "Do you mind?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Are you okay?"

"Of course I am," I tell her, but deep inside, the only things that are preventing me from breaking down is the cigarette in my hand and the thought that I'll forget about all of this once I'm wasted. "Are you single?" I ask, anxious to change the subject.

She smirks at my question. "Are you hitting on me?"

I shrug. "You're pretty."

Georgia laughs. "That's new. I don't remember being called pretty by anyone. Hot, most of the time, sometimes gorgeous, but never pretty." She smiles at me. "And to answer your question, yes, I'm very much single."

The bartender comes back with ten shots of a three-layer drink, two straws, and a lighter. After setting them down in front of us, she leaves with a smirk forming on her lips. I pull the ashtray closer to me.

"Let's play a game," Georgia starts. "For every right thing I guess about you, you take a shot and vice versa. If the guess is wrong, the one who guessed will take the shot. It's the easiest way to get drunk while getting to know each other."

I agree to play her game and allow her to go first. "You're part of the varsity team. Though I don't know what sport."

I raise an eyebrow at her. "How did you know?"

She grins. "I'm an expert at this game. Now, as per the rules, you have to take a shot." She puts one glass in front of me and lights up the shot. Flames dance atop the drink.

I take a hit from my cigarette. "Whoa, I'm supposed to drink it like that?"

Georgia gives me a funny look. "You use the straw. Is it your first time drinking this?"

I nod, and there it is again, the smirk and the dangerous glint in her eyes. My instincts are screaming trouble. I put the straw in and inhale the drink in one long sip. The first thing I tasted was Kahlua. It lingered in my mouth for a second before being followed by something I can't place, and then something that made a burning trail in my throat.

"The first layer is Kahlua, second is Baileys, and last is Bacardi," she explains. "You like it?"

"It's not as bad as I thought," I admit. "My turn. You've slept with that DJ from earlier."