22. Do You

Alvarrez

"Dee's not here yet?" I ask Gray as I step inside their office.

"You don't see her anywhere, do you?" Gray retorts without looking away from the computer she was working on. I almost roll my eyes. Guess we're back to the daily bantering.

Gray invited Dee and I in here to interview us about the championship game. Dee reminded me earlier this morning to make sure I don't forget, and now she's the one who shows up late.

For the two weeks I hadn't stepped in here, nothing much has changed except for the monobloc chairs that were now replaced with blue office chairs. And the smell. The room doesn't smell like freshly brewed coffee, which makes sense because it's lunchtime. Although I know for a fact that Gray drinks her coffee any time of the day.

Gray is wearing a turtleneck long-sleeved sweater that may or may not be hiding a hickey underneath. The last time I saw her wearing one was after Janelle left a hickey on her, so the chances of the former are high. I walk towards her to take a peek on what she was doing. "Those are the pictures from our game."

"I'm looking for a photo for the school paper," Gray explains.

I grin. "Let me see." I grab the nearest chair and sit beside her. I restrained myself from sniffing her green apple scent that was making my senses go numb. As she was scrolling through the pictures, I saw a picture of me with my back to the camera. It was the one taken just before the game. "That looks nice." I make a mental note to ask for a copy of everything later.

Gray nods. "It does."

"Where did you learn to take good pictures?" I ask her.

I've been following Gray's Instagram account since freshman year. She's an exceptional photographer. Her over ten-thousand followers are proof of that. And no, it's not just because she's pretty. She barely even posts pictures of herself.

"Jimmy's twin taught me," is all she says and doesn't elaborate more. She's Gray, after all.

A couple more photos and I see a picture of me kissing Diane's forehead. My impulse reaction was, What the fuck?, but as I looked closer, I saw that it was a pretty good shot. I was holding the back of Diane's head, my lips pressed on her forehead. Our eyes closed. It looked so pure.

"You never fail to make me wonder how you and your ex could be like that after everything that happened between you two." Gray muses.

I try to suppress a smile. "Are you jealous?"

Gray looks at me with an indifferent expression on her face. "Do I look jealous?"

"It was a joke," I rest my arm on the back of her chair. "And I could ask you the same question. The last time I saw you two together, you had a hickey on your neck."

"It's none of your business," Gray snaps.

"Actually, it's kind of my business now," I say, hinting her about our little kiss. We never really talked about it and she can't just act as if it never happened. "You kissed me, Gray."

"So?"

"So? It's kind of a big deal for me."

Honestly, I don't remember anything that happened that night after I drank seven shots of tequila except for the kiss. Alexis Gray kissing me is not something I'd ever forget. I could have made out with a couple of girls or stripped naked or smoked weed (none of these happened) and the only thing I'll remember would be kissing her.

Gray pecks me on the lips. "See? It's not a big—"

She doesn't finish her sentence. I grab her face and pull her lips back into mine. I kiss her passionately as I should've done the first time. She tries to break away, pushing me away. As a response, I deepen the kiss and eventually, Gray gives in.