thirty¿

kym sat patiently on her couch, wondering what was going to happen. her and zion had never gone anywhere incredibly fancy, and the beautiful maroon jumpsuit and black strappy heels he had gotten her definitely hinted at a fancy dinner.

she stared at the ground for a while, playing with her promise ring until a loud honk interrupted her thinking.

she got up quickly, picking up her phone and placing it in her pocket. she hurried out the door, smiling as nick came into view.

"wow, kym. you look gorgeous." nick grinned as kym made her way closer to him.

"thank you nicholas." she smiled back.

nick opened the passenger door for her, making sure she was in before shutting the door and going to the drivers side.

the radio played quietly in the otherwise comfortable silence the two sat in. kym broke the silence, asking him a question.

"what's going on? i beat my face for this, not even knowing what z has planned."

nick chuckled. "your makeup looks great by the way. i hope you set your face in place with that urban decay shit you use. as for what zion has planned, you'll see."

kym groaned. "i hate surprises. they stress me out."

"trust me," nick said. "you're gonna fall in love with him again after this."

kym's eyes widened. that was a bold statement. she didn't know how to comprehend it.

the rest of the drive was quiet, with the occasional sentence here and there. the radio that played filled the silence.

when they arrived at the prettymuch house, kym looked around for any clues as to what was going to go down. but she didn't see anything that looked out of the ordinary.

kym stepped out of the car, thanking nick for opening the door for her, and made her way to the front door of the house.

"wait!" nick called. "i need you to close you eyes. i'm gonna cover them, but obviously i can't fully cause that'll mess up your eye makeup, so, i'm gonna trust you to close your eyes."

kym rolled her eyes playfully but nodded, shutting her eyes and letting nick guide her in.

she heard someone shush another, causing her to smile lightly. she continued walking, going down a step as nick told her to.

"we're in the backyard, aren't we?" she asked, feeling nick peel his hands away from her.

"hello? alright then." she said to herself as she realized he had left.

she flinched as someone took hold of her again, leading her a few steps further before telling her to open her eyes.

kym gasped as she took in the sight in front of her.

a section of the backyard had been totally decorated. there was a table covered in a white tablecloth, with black and yellow rose petals in a line in the middle of it.

there were champagne glasses with an apple cider bottle next to them, and there were fairy lights on the table, the chairs, leading down to the floor.

kym's breath was taken away as zion appeared next to her, not sensing how nervous he was.

"baby, you look amazing." she managed to get out.

"hey, that was my line." zion pouted, instantly breaking into a large grin.

kym shook her head as she laughed, walking up to him and hugging him.

"this is so amazing. thank you. i love you." kym mumbled, tilting her head up as zion leaned down, pecking her lips.

they sat down across from each other, smiles so big that there was nothing that could wipe them away.

"okay, i love how romantic this is, but please tell me that there's food because i literally have not eaten all day." kym laughed.

zion chuckled. "don't wor-"

"hello, lady and gentleman! dinner, is served." brandon came out of nowhere, placing their plates in front of them.

"holy shit, who cooked? this looks so good."

"me, obviously." brandon chuckled. kym raised an eyebrow, questioning his statement.

"okay, it was edwin, but i helped." brandon sighed in defeat.

kym shook her head, laughing. "well thank you, michael."

"anytime, m'lady." brandon bowed before walking back into the house.

kym looked back at zion to see him staring right back at her.

"yes, mr. kuwonu?" she smirked.

"nothing." zion smiled cheesily, taking a bite of his mashed potatoes.

kym shook her head, grinning as she started cutting into the steak.

the rest of the dinner consisted of laughter, catching up, and genuine happiness.

"so," kym started as she dabbed her mouth with a napkin. "i'm guessing this is all for tonight because this is the cutest thing anyone has ever done for me and i'll feel bad if there's more."

zion shook his head no. "go to my room and change into the clothes on the bed. i'll be waiting for you in the living room."

kym stood up slowly and walked to his side of the table, confused but excited.

"you spoil me, caleb." she shook her head, kissing him.

"hey, it's what i gotta do for my girl." zion winked.

"now go get changed!" he gently pushed her toward the door, a big smile taking over his face.

-
word count: 869 words
published: may 21, 2018
-
zion getting excited over seals on his live today was the cutest thing i've seen all year :,)