thirty five¿

the whole crew piled back into the car after shoving the many target bags of alcohol and snacks into the trunk.

"wow, this reminds me of when i met you, rea." brandon chuckled from beside her.

"yeah, hated that." kym scrunched up her nose in response.

nick quickly pulled out of the parking space, causing kym to almost fly out of zion's lap.

"damn mara, can you drive like a normal person?" zion joked.

nick laughed as he rolled his eyes, taking his foot off the accelerator slightly.

the rest of the ride home was quiet, most of it taken by four of the boys on their phones inviting people to their party.

kym leaned her head on the window, bored out of her mind. the target nearest to the boys' house had been closed down, so the ride was a little more than thirty minutes.

kym's eyes shot open and she fell back onto zion as nick went over a speed bump.

"oh my god, that gave me a whole heart attack."

all the boys laughed at the girl's statement. zion wrapped his arms around her waist and she naturally leaned into his touch, but she still wasn't comfortable.

she struggled for a bit before huffing. "i give up."

brandon took her legs and laid them across the row, instantly putting her in a comfortable position.

"thank you, brandon." she said gratefully, wrapping her arms around zion and leaning onto his chest.

"how much sleep have you been getting every night?" zion asked her.

"um, this past like two weeks i've only been getting like 2 hours 'cause of nightmares." kym shrugged it off.

"nightmares? about what?" zion went into his annoyingly cute protective mode.

"the usual. my dad. kyle. cris. nothin' new." kym shrugged again and closing her eyes.

"is kyle your-" edwin started before getting cut off by zion. "yes."

edwin nodded in understanding before going back on instagram.

"what exactly is happening in these said nightmares?" zion asked the small girl in his arms.

after getting no response he realized that she had dozed off already. he scooted down in his seat and continued scrolling through instagram.

after an hour long car ride because of traffic, the six stepped out of the vehicle and began transporting the many target bags into the house.

soon enough, the clock had struck 10pm and the house was filled with people everywhere.

so far, zion and kym were the only ones out of the six that weren't wasted. but they were definitely getting near it.

temporary by nezza blasted through the surround sound speakers in the living room and everyone was swaying along to the beat.

"i ain't tripping cause it's, just temporary. your love is temporary, no need to worry, you'll be back 'fore i can even count to ten." kym and the girls with her chanted.

zion stood off to the side with a group of his friends conversing about the new fortnite update. he watched kym as she seemed to be having the time of her life.

the song changed and zion recognized the intro to die for you by the weeknd, so he excused himself and started walking towards kym.

charlotte's eyes flickered towards his as he got closer and he put a finger up to his lips.

once he reached the group, he wrapped both arms around kym's waist and leaned down to put his head on her shoulder.

"hi." zion said to her, obviously intoxicated.

kym giggled. "hello."

"can i steal him- i mean, wait, her for a second." zion stumbled on his words.

charlotte laughed at his behavior and nodded, watching the two walk away before getting back into her previous conversation with tiffany.

"what do you need?" kym asked before being pulled onto his lap as zion sat down on the couch.

"just... you." zion buried his face into her shoulder.

kym's heart warmed at his sentence, seeing his true sadness of having to leave her for tour.

"don't worry, baby. i'll be right here when you leave and when you come back." kym's small hands cupped his face before planting kisses all over it.

zion smiled up at her and pecked her lips.

"even though we're going through it, and it makes you feel alone, just know that i would die for you." zion sang to her quietly, but kym still heard.

"i love you." kym smiled down at him.

zion pulled her closer, almost getting more drunk off her presence.

kym continued to sip whatever concoction edwin had made for her and felt herself go in and out of reality.

the pair stayed like this for a bit, tuning out the music and people.

out of nowhere, kym's head shot up from on top of zion's as a strong force hit her shoulder.

zion protectively pulled her closer to him, looking down at the ground where one of their vases laid shattered.

zion watched as edwin ushered two guys who had gotten into a fist fight.

he slipped out from under kym and told her to stay where she was, before hurrying to catch up with edwin and the two guys.

"yo, what the fuck just happened in there?" zion asked angrily. he saw only one guy with edwin. the other had already left.

this left zion more frustrated as they'd hurt kym and he wasn't planning to let them off easy.

"sorry about that, mate. wasn't meant to hit her. " one of the hooded figures spoke.

zion furrowed his eyebrows as he slightly recognized the voice.

the man took off his hood and revealed his face with a smirk. zion's eyes widened slightly as he saw who was in front of him.

"kyle?"

-
word count: 953 words
published: aug. 15, 2018
-
tea!