THE EXTROVERTY INTROVERT:- Pilot

Chapter 1:- Always Make Eye Contact.

Is it just me or has anyone ever thought of wearing neon clothes to school for a day?

Only me? Oh that's awkward...

This thought was in my mind since the beginning of every academic year in Bombay Scottish School. The school was great, you always had a mixed batch of classes but it didn't matter which class you were because there were only 3 classrooms in every grade, so you can still meet up with friends during breaks which was fun.

Being a school in Mumbai there were posh kids, but the kids were all brown so we mingled with one another without hesitation, not caring about their family income, the cars they own,blah blah blah....the basic categories of a rich kid to show-off.

Now, i was a brown kid, with straight black hair, eyes bigger than usual(baby like,you know how they look with their small face),and little bit above the skinny category.

Me being a student, i had to study....right???right???

Subconscious Mind:-"hah who studies?!"

Mind shut-up!

Subconscious Mind:-"Nerd!"

Just ignore my mind.

Subconscious Mind:- "Yeah just like the time you were busy staring at Natalie during History class the other day and you forgot that you were on the first bench."

.........

We will talk about Natalie later.ok?

Subconscious Mind:- "You better do."

So yeah, as a brown kid who has South Indian parents! Let that sink in..So you guys would probably know how studious i would have been in school because of this and that i had to secure maximum marks and make my parents proud, and the other parents jealous.

BUT hell with that !

I was the second child in my family which means all of the above applied to my elder sister Rachel,so that she would be the "Perfect Student", and i on the other hand was free of these principles to an extent.

The problem here was I was an Introvert. So it was no use being happy about all of the freedom i had, because the most i would do is take my book and shift to the other side of the classroom during breaks.

Now i wouldn't complain that i was an introvert because there are a lot of advantages.

Like:-

1) Not being responsible to reply to every word one person has to say to you.

2) And that i can have my private time like all the time now!

Now this all ended when i found some extrovert friends, you know at times i think an extrovert introducing an introvert to his whole group is like a white guy buying a slave and showing it off to his own white friends.

Now School was a period of 12 years, 10 of which was just repetitive for me so we will skip that and focus on the last 2 years of school...the years in high school.

So high-school was and still is the point where everyone (i hope) hit puberty and that there are couples to be found. Love is in the Air,like i remember seeing guys who hated girls in middle-school, now being surrounded by them and dated one after the other and repeating the same obnoxious thing of them "really loving them".Uh gross!

Like there is a limit to everything and these couples don't know that it exists, because every time i walk down the hallway the only thing i see is them making out, like buddy at least keep that private. It looks more like one of them is trying to swallow the other.

"It seems that their numbers would only increase in the following 2 years." said Akaash in a confident tone as we were taking our morning walk in the society. Akaash was my best friend and we were friends for 10 years now.Both Akaash and I live in the same society and so did my other friends, Arya and Shreya.

We four were a squad but in school we would hardly talk to one-another,which was sad but we managed with it. Now Akaash was a good-looking, rich kid who was mischievous,honestly he was the complete opposite of me. Arya and Shreya were like 2 sisters with different mothers because they were inseparable, these 3 people would go out all the time and had a hard time trying to convince me to go out with them and leave my comfort zone and my book of Chronicles of Narnia.

My comfort zone was basically a room with A/c on and me wrapped in a blanket of Spiderman and a book to read. It is hard to find substitutes to that kind of comfort and fun, so i mostly never showed up for their plans.

Well 9th grade was about to begin in about 2 months and i had to go to visit my relatives in Kerala for a wedding and hence my dad decided we should go for more than a month this year for "fun".

Notice the "fun", that's because it's confusing that he says it with so much comfort, because how are we supposed to have "fun" in a place where 10 minutes out in the sun you get a free tan because the sun loves people here! It also blesses some with captions of #sunkissed for instagram..uh!!

Long story short the plan was done and so i decided i would spend some time with my friends for the week rather than reading for a change as i might have to save some pages for the trip.

Akaash and i were just walking and talking about school and how Anthony and Jesse just had a break-up, when Arya and Shreya showed up in their joggers for the morning walk.

They were talking about guys as usual, but today they were specific with the names and mentioned the two names:- Abhay Grover and Dhruv Sehgal both the Captain and Vice Captain of the school football team respectively,and Akaash on the other hand was talking about Priyanka Bhatt, the cute chick from the student council. It surely felt weird at the start but i let them discuss without any hesitation, and like that the walk was over and everyone decided to go home. Me being the lazy guy decided that i would stay back home for the week too as these guys most probably will talk about the same 3 people again the next time we meet, i would rather lie down on my stomach and read the "Wings of Fire" by Prof. Apj Abdul Kalam, the late president of India.

Soon enough i was in Kerala and the days were long and hot, with the same routine of me waking up to see a new face and them trying their best to make me remember them.

I mean the technique of theirs was so outdated, they expect 2 year old me to remember them for 12 years and show a face of satisfaction that they were the 10th person or so to pick me up in their arms and sing lullabies to me.

Nevertheless i did have fun during to the wedding where people tried to talk to me by sharing their input about the book i was reading, which surely pissed me off because at times he/she would give a spoiler which is not at all acceptable!

So what i decided for the second wedding was to carry my normal book with me but to switch the cover of it with the over casing of the "Kamasutra book" that my uncle has, as he is into keeping indian cultural books collections.

Now surely nobody would bother me but i was wrong, this dude walked up to me when i was sitting quietly in the corner of the hall and asked me about the book i was reading to which i replied in a sad way that i read it because it is the only way to arouse my teenage mind, and that i will never find true love and that i will forever be alone.

I was glad i left him with a surprised look and that he was surely feeling weird, and i looked back into my book with more dedication.

I would call that mission successful, but that didn't work out as the guy who approached me was the groom...........