Chapter 11:-Should I Make A Move?

"Oh my God it's 8:45 am, We are 30 mins late for the mass!", Mom screamed from the back of the car.

I really don't understand how is yelling from the back of the car is helping us in reaching church on time?

I really look up to my family for being a forward thinking one, and still keeping 100% belief in a Religion. I mean the fact that we don't believe in Orthodox ways of Christianity or humanity, and that every problem can be solved indoors without the neighbours learning about it is AMAZING.

But....but, the only thing that we are bad at as a FAMILY is to be PUNCTUAL. Honestly i couldn't just point out someone, and blame them for us being late for an event, because each one of us has been the black sheep at least once.

Anyways, Dad drops us off by the gate of the church, and immediately both Mom and Rachel bolted down the hallway to the women's section. I stood there, amazed at the capabilities of my family, because these 2 just RAN down the church hall with HEELS on, with a DRESS each and DIDN'T create any CHAOS!

"Late again bro? At least be punctual at your Birthday lol.", said Mark. Mark was my church buddy, he studied at an All India High school and we had been friends since the start of me joining the church, so yeah it's quite close to Akaash's but i prefer the latter.

"Can't help it bro, it's quite hard to wake up on a Sunday.", i adjusted my tie and shirt and tried not to look exhausted.

*mass begins*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Holy, holy ,holy! Lord, God, Jesus Christ...", the choir sang magnificently. Oh, i forgot to tell you guys that, Natalie was in my church. Which explains why my Mom is so close to hers. She was part of the church choir and probably the only reason why i pay attention to the choir after all.

Subconscious Mind:- "Oh Lord, please accept this kid's request of having the balls to ask her out!"

I was paying so much attention on the choir, especially Natalie that i realised, i was getting stared back at. Mark was staring at me for some reason, "John, are you staring at Cynthia? Don't tell me you are!"  

Cynthia was a another girl in my church choir and she was probably the only person who has SLAPPED ME. No i didn't do anything UNHEALTHY, nothing PERVERT, just that i VOLUNTARILY LET HER SLAP ME.

Subconscious Mind:- "Oh i remember that day. The lights were dim, the wind was calm, her hand smelt like rotten fish with gum. Oh that day she used all her might, to slap you on the cheek which was tight. "

Hey, it wasn't THAT dramatic. It was just a program on women empowerment. The instructor told me to SMILE at her and just STAND STILL. First of all, why was I picked to be the harasser? Secondly, why was i told to just smile at some girl, like come on who would want to hit a CUTE brown kid with a well set hair.

*whack*

"Ouch! Why did you slap me?", i was in shock.

The instructor just laughed at me, and so did everybody else. I was confused at the moment but i too joined in the laughter because why not, LAUGH AT MY PAIN. From that day on she has being bragging about it and making sure that i heard it.

"No! I wasn't staring at her! Ew, Gross!", i replied to Mark.

"Thank the Lord, i thought otherwise.", he said.

So i started to look back at the choir, *ahem* Natalie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"May the Lord be with you. In the Name of the Father, Son and the Holy spirit, Amen. Have a blessed day ahead.", the priest said.

I started walking towards the choir to meet Natalie, and was interrupted by a hoard of kids. You see after mass, there is something common in all religions, i.e. Prasad. In Malayalam it's called, "Nercha". It is a tradition to provide it to each person attending the mass, but it definitely makes the crowd go bonkers!

Then suddenly i get a tap on my shoulder which i ignore thinking that i would be a prank by some senior, suddenly i get pulled away from the crowd. I turned around to see who was pulling me and then i went silent.

"Hey John!", it was Natalie. She literally pulled me out of the church and into the alley way to the water tank. Things were going according to plan, but not really because i thought "I" would initiate the idea of coming out of the church.

"Heyy........you sang..well!", blurting out words.

"Aye thanks man. Why don't you come to church on time? And why were you staring at me the whole time during mass?"

This is the reason i made sure i told y'all that i day-dream, because without that excuse i would look like a creep right now, and the fact that i find almost anything interesting i just get indulged into deep thought about it and...

"John!"

"Uh-uh! Uh! What? What did you say?", i replied trying to act normal.

"You were just staring at me the whole time when i asked something, is everything alright?", she asked in a concerned tone.

"Naah, I'm fine, and the staring thing i was just .."

Subconscious Mind:- " Just say something romantic, like I was just admiring the beauty that caught my eye during the holy mass. Your beauty is without bounds. Oh Natalie, please accept my sincere apology of fixating my sight on you that may have made you uncomfortable."

"I was just....sleepy....yeahh..."

Subconscious Mind:- "Oh this pussy! Why can't you just accept it and say that you love her and you want her to be your girlfriend? I am still confused on how are you and I the same person!"

"Yeah, that was because of lack of sleep, you see i was binge watching Shinchan episodes last night.", i replied with somewhat of excitement.

"Oh that's so cool! I never knew that people still find that show fun to watch!", she replied while jumping up in excitement.

Subconscious Mind:- " Boy you are one lucky Motherf*cker!"

"Oh yeah i loooveee watching Shinchan even if i would be 70", i said with chuckle.

"Damn you are one innocent soul.", she said.

Then some kids came running down to the water tanks, interrupting our conversation. Gosh i hate kids for these moments.

"Why are we standing her for no reason when Nercha is being served outside the chapel? Let's go mann!"

Natalie says this and then puts her hand around my neck and gestures me to walk to the chapel. I have never been so close to her in my whole life of knowing that she existed, this was a CHURCH firstly and secondly i had NO BALLS to make a move so i just let her do her thing and we walked along the alley to the chapel with hands around each others neck like...Bestfriends...

#gentleman

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey what's up guys!!!!!!!!!

How y'all been? Do you think John is suited to be in a relationship or is he better off to be best friends with Natalie? Do let me know your thoughts on this chapter and how the story and character development is going on in the comments down below. Don't forget to vote on the book because it shows that you guys loved the book!

Until next time!

Peace!! 

:D

The Extroverty-Introvertजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें