Chapter 9:- Is it Pancakes Or Videshi Dosa?

"I shouldn't have judge these pancakes before having them, because man they are good!", Natalie said as she stuffed more pancakes into her mouth. I nodded in agreement, but deep down i was regretting spending 120 Rs.

Like i would be down to taste something new, but if it's the same food with the slight exception of being made somewhere else, and is famous in some 1st world country then uh-uh, I am not paying for that shit!

Don't get me wrong, i would love to eat pancakes if you didn't tell me how their made, but the fact that i'm a South Indian and the ingredients for your "pancakes" are the same for my staple food then i ain't eating that. I mean why would i spend 120 Rs on a Videshi Dosa? Rather just asks Mum to make some for lunch with some tasty Sambar! Yum!

[Videshi = Foreign, it's just for those who hated Hindi in School] 

"Ma'am would you like some more?", the man serving us asked politely.

Subconscious Mind:- "The audacity that he has to try and fool me into buying another bland videshi dosa!"

"Yeah 2 more.", Natalie replied without hesitation.

Subconscious Mind:- " Wait what?! This girl is crazy!? This restaurant better be playing that English playlist very loud and clear, put extra butter on the pancakes and give me extra honey! Else the 500 Rs my boy's paying for this shit ain't worth it!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow that was some delicious food, wasn't it John?", she asked.

"Yeah, the pancakes were...soft..i guess?", i replied.

"Omg! Ya and the......."

Natalie went on and on about the food that we just ate, like i don't get it why the starting topics to a conversations are always weird?! Tbh i wasn't even paying much attention to what she was speaking rather just did a few things that made me look like i'm interested in a topic, but in reality i'm just day-dreaming.

Welcome to the:-  "How to successfully day-dream in front of your crush, Limited Edition Special Lecture! I am your host John and i'll help you get 2 birds with one stone! You just need to follow these few things, and you are on your way to live a happy life!"

Step 1:- Make Eye contact whenever it's possible.

[No don't just stare at her! Do something with your face. Expressions!!]

Step 2:- Smile during some parts of the conversation.

[Side note:- It's much better if you could do step 2 after step 1 IMMEDIATELY, and one more thing, if you smiled at the precise moment when she says something funny while day dreaming, then you're a God!]

Step 3:- Coordinate with your blinking with theirs.

[Don't blink like Barbie for the love of God!]

Step 3 is important because, even if he/she is talking about the Syria Crisis, you could at least feel like you can distinguish between the Good Guys and the Bad Guys.

I still remember the face that waiter showed me when he came to take the bill back. That prick smiled and he telepathically told me, "Eh! Chutiya banaya! Dosa Khilaya!"

While all of this was going on in my head, simultaneously i was pulling off the magic trick of pretending to listen, when all of a sudden i get WHACKED on the back of my head, REALLY HARD!

"Ouch!", i wailed.

"Oooohh! Who do we have here? Is it Mr.John Mathew hanging out with a GIRL? Oh my bad not AAnyyy girl, but Natalie Lorelle!", Akaash teased me and then Shreya continued, "Hey Nat! Is he boring you with all those books that he talks about usually, because trust me i can't stand him when he starts talking about the death of fictional characters!".