Chapter 22:- Perspective

*Aakash's POV*

It seems odd that Dad hasn't talked much about this Sylvester guy, add to that it seems as if the guy is quite laid back on getting revenge because the rivalry is going on for years, so why did he react so late?

Now I was not keen on putting John at the forefront of the action so I decided to split him away from the crew towards the lawn so that he might keep low while Harry and I moved towards the hallway and up the stairs to the rooms for inspection. Now Harry has been my Dad's personal bodyguard for about 8 years now, merely coinciding with the years the rivalry existed so he's seen a fair bit of the fight in person. Grandpa sent him first to make sure that he can protect me from Sylvester on my first RESCUE mission. The only thing that I found fishy with him was that on the day of the kidnapping was the only time he took a break from work, but I considered it as a mere coincidence that Sylvester took advantage of.

We approached the long hallway up the stairs that were all beautifully lit up with a red and white theme; with royal red curtains and white furniture and vessels to fit in with the Renaissance vibe. Harry and I quietly walked past two guards, then ran for it towards the first room that we could find.

"Alright, sir what's the plan?", Harry asked.

I looked around for a bit and said, " I'd say let's split and check rooms on this floor and if we are in sticky situation then we shall rush to this room to regroup, that is Umm...Room number 4; sounds right?"

Harry nodded, "As long as that keeps you safe and we find your Dad."

So we split and I start pushing doors, hoping that I could find Dad as soon as possible before John gets recognized in the crowd. 

1st, 2nd, 3rd, probably more than 10 doors I had opened by the time I reached this Eerie looking room. It had this weird smell that was radiating the moment I opened the door, I was about to shut the door thinking that I had just opened an old storeroom because of its location being at the end of this endless line of rooms, but then I heard something.

"Don't believe at first sight.."

Well, that was something...

 I could feel my mind telling me to get the fuck out of there but there was something that made me think otherwise. I walked into the room and started to examine it with my flashlight.  Now that my flashlight was not bright enough to lighten up the whole room I was left struggling to find the switchboard. That's when I heard it.

*Bang Bang*

Gunshots.

With my pistol held up in my right hand, I stormed out of the room towards the sound of the gunshot and with all my might I kicked the door to run out; but then I couldn't leave the room. Something was holding me back, I turned around to see what it was.

It was me. 

Rather a mirror through which a hand was holding on to me. The hand was mine but through a mirror. It didn't quite register in my head and then the hand pulled me towards the mirror! I hit my face onto the glass and held on to my face because of the pain, still I managed to keep a crack open through my fingers to see what was happening.

Then I saw it again! It was me again in all white but inside the mirror, and then it spoke, " Aakash you're in a challenging spot right now, DO NOT take hasty decisions, these things are playing with your Perspectives DO NOT fall for it!"

And then it vanished, there was nothing. I was let loose. It all happened so quick that it seemed like I just woke up from a nap! 

Nevertheless, I walked past the rooms and towards Room Number 4. I was expecting Harry to be there probably panting but all I saw was a horny couple making out in the room.