Chapter 3:- Embrace the Third Wheeling

"John! ....Wake up John! It's 7:15 am, school starts at 8:30. Now get up!" 

That sound.....my eyes still closed, trying to understand what's going on in the background, it sounded so familiar...i didn't want to open my eyes on a Monday to know that it's time for school again!

Before i could make another move, i hear the rustling noise of the curtain being opened, i yelled "NO!!!!", but in vain. The bright light came showering at me, so bright even though my eyes were shut, i was shocked that the person in the room did not even bother listening to my plead to not open the curtain, that i fell down from my bed.

It was MOM! Well who is so heartless to open the curtains and let the sun play games with my eyes! Like mom i am your ONLY Son!

She laughed at my struggle and told me that breakfast was ready and that i have to take a shower and be ready for my first day in 9th grade. She was wayyy too excited.

Me:-"Mom i am going to the same school for 10 years now, how is it exciting?"

Mom:-"Honey, you are in the 9th grade! This is the time you will be mature and choose your path to walk in and find a career!"

Me:-"I would rather drive to it."

Mom:-"To drive, first you need a job, which you don't have, so you need to study diligently from now on till graduation in college."

Me:-"UH! "

These small talks between my parents,especially my mom was common and i try not to argue on what she is saying or even ask for more information because i remember the last time i did it was in 6th grade i had been invited to this birthday party of my classmate i was told that Natalie Lorelle was coming too. This made me excited, so i asked mom if i could go to party and if she could drop me there by 4 pm, and pick me up when it is over.

She agreed but when the day came, she was reading a book on how to make cookies, these chocolate chip cookies, don't get me wrong i love them when they are made but God no i hate baking it! Well the time was 3:30 pm then and i thought i would be a good child if i was interested in doing stuff with my parents and helping them too.

Keep in mind the party was in 30 mins from now and i thought it would be dumb of me to go very early so i thought it wouldn't hurt spending time with her for the time being,little did i know about the trap i had laid for myself!

Me:-"Mum is that cookies you are reading about?"

Mom:-"That's right! You know how much your sister Rachel loves them, you know what will be good?"

Me:-"What?"

Mom:-"Baking some for her! We can even take some for Mervin's party!"

Me:-"Oh ....yeah..cool."

Subconscious Mind:-"You forgot that it was Mervin's party right? You douche!"

Well that's bad of me to forget the birthday boy's name.

So we baked cookies which took an hour and it was 4:40 now! I ended up coming last in the party with a basket of cookies for everyone and Mervin's present.

So Natalie recognised me and still referred to me as the guy who got "cookies" for quite a long time. Thanks Mom! (-_-")

With that in mind i did not want to get into an argument with Mom over college and getting a job because i know he has a lot to say in return. So i got up did my chores and left for school.

Things were exciting at first till i reached the corridor of my classroom. You see my classroom was on the 4th floor that is that the last floor of my school so that meant i could see who all are coming to class easily as they will have to eventually come through the only 2 stairways to the 4th floor. This made me feel less lonely because as usual i would reach in class before hand and would stand at the corridor waiting for my friends, until last year it was awkward because i look like a lost dog searching for my owner, but now there was no problem because i was on the last floor, reserved for the seniors.