Chapter 28:- The Brief Past

*John's POV*

[walking downstairs]

"Hey, who was that with my mom when they walked into my room while we were making out?", I asked.

"Aunty said it was your Uncle who's come to visit after many years...", Natalie replied.

[scratches his head]

"Uh-uh...another visiting session!", I groaned.

[sizzling sound of oil being poured on the pan]

"Natalie come to the kitchen, I want you to try this fish!", Mom said.

"Ooo FISH! Coming Aunty!", Natalie runs towards the kitchen.

[Voice from the hall]

"Get in!!!! I told you Mathew the Reds will win! It's already in the 85th minute and the score is 3-1!",  Uncle Jeremy screams in excitement!

"It's been so long since the blues have played to reach this far, I still believe it's their night and today the tables will turn!", Dad says.

"Gosh you are one true fan aren't you?", Uncle adds.

[I walk in and bite on the lime on the plate next to their drinks]

"Had a rough night kid?", Uncle asked while sipping beer.

I nodded and carried the lime to the sofa farthest from the Television because the noise was unbearable, add to that two middle-aged men screaming their lungs out. I quietly sat down and looked at my phone, it was 10 pm and Rachel was not yet home...just when I was about to call her I heard mom from the kitchen,"Where are you young woman?! Have you looked at the time? It's past 10 pm and you promised you will be at home by 10 pm! Even your homeless brother has come early, even thought he's with Natalie!"

I laughed a bit and then looked at Natalie from the hall who was giggling and then pointing at me, which I didn't get why but then she texted me while having fish,"She called you homeless!!!"

My face dropped.

"MOM!", I screamed.

"What?!", she asked from the kitchen.

"Why'd you call me homeless?!", I screamed again.

She took a pause and then laughed,"Because you always come home after all of your friends leave!"

"So how does that make me HOMELESS?!", I added.

[more laughter from the kitchen]

"Natalie do you agree with me?", Mom asked.

"Oh yes, yes, yes I do!", Natalie replies and then both of them laugh.

I give her this dirty look to which she smiles and whispers,"Love you too!"

Subconscious Mind:-" Gosh THIS woman drives me crazy!"

"Scoreeeeeeee!", Dad screams.

Uncle smirks and then says, "We still have the lead by one goal Mathew, hold your horses!"

"Alright that's enough of game for today, come on everybody let's have dinner! The table is set!", Mom said.

[Opens a can and the fizz overflows]

"Not so soon Anitha, it's almost extra time!", Dad said.

"I'll help you Anitha, the reds are anyways going to win again.", Uncle walks into the kitchen.