Chapter Seven

My POV

        I roll over in bed, and feel Adam's arms wrap tighter around my waist. He grumbles in his sleep, then leans his head against my shoulder. I look over, and smile at him. Adam looks cute when he's asleep; calm and peaceful.

        "Wake up, Adam." I say, reaching over and shaking his shoulder. "Come on. Up."

        "Mmmm." Adam groans, opening his eyes slowly. "No."

        I smile, then lean over and kiss his nose. "Up. Come on, time to get up." 

        Adam sits up slowly, his arm sliding out from under me. He puts his face in his hands, then runs his fingers through the mess of curls. "Morning." 

        I sit up next to him, the blanket falling in front of us. "Good morning, handsome." 

        "Hardly." He smiles, leaning over and kissing my forehead. "How'd you sleep?"

        "Better than I ever have before." I say, looking over at him.

        "And why's that?" 

        "Because I got to sleep next to the best guy in the world." 

        Adam takes a deep breath, then looks down at the blankets. "You don't think I'm taking this too fast, do you?"

        The smile fades from my face, shock taking it's place. "What do you mean?"

        "Well, you've only been back in my life for like a week. and here we are. Kissing, and hugging, and sleeping in the same bed." Adam twiddles his thumbs, looking over to me nervously. "Am I moving too fast for you?"

        "No, Adam. You're not. To any other girl, you might. But I haven't seen you in seventeen years." I say, moving closer to him and resting my head on his shoulder. "I have to make up for lost time."

        "Okay. Just making sure." Adam says, as he kisses the top of my head. 

        "How about you? Is this moving too quickly for you?" I ask, looking up at him.        

        Adam just shakes his head, rubbing my shoulder softly. "Absolutely not."

        "Okay." I lean up and kiss his lips, making him smile. "Now, get up!" 

        "No!" Adam whines, leaning back. He pulls me down with him, and I end up laying on top of him. "There. I like that better than getting up."

        I rest my elbows on his chest, running my fingers through his soft brown curls. Adam's hands slide down my back, and rest on my waist. 

        "You're cute." I say, kissing his nose again.

        "Not as cute as you." Adam grins, sticking his tongue out at me. "Oh, hey. I have a question for you."

        "And what would that be?" I ask, my fingers stopping on the top of his head.

        "The family skate is coming up at TD Garden. My parents are busy, and I didn't want them to come anyway." Adam says, his hands moving up to grip mine. "I was wondering, if you'd want to go with me instead."

        "Adam, I can't skate. I've never been on a pair of skates in my life." I say sadly, putting my head down on his shoulder. 

        "I can teach you. It's not hard." Adam laughs, his arms wrapping around my shoulders. "Come on. It'll be fun."