Chapter Twelve

My POV

        Four months later.

        "Is that the last box, babe?" I ask, walking back into the apartment.

        "Yeah. Just these two; then we're done." Adam yawns, walking out of the now empty bedroom.

        My new apartment building was finally ready, and Adam and I were getting moved out of his apartment. Call it what you will, say we're moving fast, a lot of people do. But after not seeing each other in so long, Adam and I are ready for this.

        "I'm gonna miss you guys around here." Dougie says. He walks out from the empty bedroom, hands in his jeans pockets. 

        "Come visit anytime you want, man." Adam grins, patting his teammate's shoulder.

        "Well, let's do this." I say, grabbing the box that's waiting by the door. "See you around, Dougie."

        He waves as Adam follows me out, and shuts the door behind us. As soon as the door is closed, Dougie starts cheering and hollering with excitement.

        "Yeah, he's going to miss us." I laugh, walking to the elevator. 

        We walk down the stairs to the truck, and throw the last few boxes inside. I hop into the passenger seat, bouncing around.

        "You okay over there?" Adam asks, climbing into the truck. I nod, making Adam laugh. 

        "Let's do this!" I yell happily as Adam starts the truck. "Don't forget, we're going out with Emily and Torey later."

        "It's a good thing we moved the heavy stuff in already then, huh? Now we just have clothes and blankets to get in." Adam says, starting the vehicle. He takes one last look at his building, then begins to drive.

        "You excited?" I ask, taking his hand in mine.

        "Naturally. It's a good thing it's off season, too. Or else we'd still have to wait." 

        I nod, then look out the window. Adam taps his fingers on the steering wheel to the music playing on the radio. I tap my foot in time with the drum beat, making a constant thudding noise on the floor.

        About twenty minutes, and several songs later, we pull up into the new apartment building parking lot. There are multiple moving trucks outside, and I can recognize which truck belongs to who.

        "Hey, Kim!" I wave as I hop down from the truck. Kim turns and waves before helping her husband, Mitchell, take out some more boxes. Kim lived above me in the old building, and I'm guessing she will in this one, too.

        "How many boxes do we have?" Adam asks, opening the back of the truck. I jump out of my thoughts, then join him.

        "Not many." I say. I reach for the closest one. 

        "So this won't take long?" He asks, taking two in his arms. Showing off, naturally. 

        "No. We should be done by the time Emily and Torey come by." 

        Adam nods, then we head up to my new room.

        "Which one was it again?" Adam asks, hoisting one box up higher in his strong arms. 

        "213. Right here, actually." I grin, using the new key to open the door.

        Adam grunts as he drop the boxes on the floor. "Man, I love this place already." He says, stretching a bit.