Chapter Eight

My POV

        "Come on, Adam." I yelp, pulling on my Paramedic shirt. "You have to get ready."

        "I don't wanna!" Adam yells back, covering his face with a pillow. 

        I walk over to him, and tear off the blankets. Adam groans, throwing the pillow at me. 

        "Come on, babe. We gotta get going." I say, patting his leg. 

        Adam sits up, rubbing his face like he does every morning. "What time is it?" 

        "Nine. We have to be at Fenway at ten." I say, grabbing my neon yellow medic jacket. 

        "Alright. You done in the bathroom?" Adam asks, grabbing a shirt from the closet.

        I nod, zipping up my jacket. "I'm gonna go make breakfast." 

        "Hey!" Adam calls to me as I'm walking out of the room. "Forgetting something?" He smirks, holding out his arms.

        I roll my eyes, then walk back to him. Adam puts his hands on my hips, pulling me in close. I slide my hands around his shoulders, and kiss him lightly.        

        "Morning." Adam says, breaking the kiss and smiling at me. 

        I walk out of his room, tying my hair back into a ponytail. "Morning, Dougie!" I say happily. 

        Dougie jumps, nearly dropping the bagel he's holding. "Hi." He says quickly, dodging around me to get back to his room.

        Ten minutes later, I'm sitting at the table in the kitchen eating. Adam walks out of his bedroom, wearing only jeans.

        "Where's your shirt?" I ask, swallowing a bite of toast. 

        Right here." Adam grins, pulling one from the basket on the floor. "Do you really have to work during the game?"

        I nod, frowning. "Sorry, babe. They need me. Lynn and Emily need my help." I say, wiping my mouth.

        "Emily?" Adam asks, stealing my other piece of toast. 

        "She's just helping out. She has a bit of a medical background, and we need an extra for a big game." I say, standing up and throwing the plate in the sink.

        "Adam, we have to get going!" Dougie yells, finally coming out of his room.

       We both glance at the clock. "Crap. Okay! Are you riding with us?" Adam says, looking back at his teammate.

        "Nah." Dougie says, looking between me and Adam. "Coach needs me to transport some stuff. See you there!"        

        "Bye!" We both call out as Dougie hastily leaves.

        Adam walks up behind me, his arms slithering around my waist. "We have some alone time." He whispers, kissing my neck.

        I turn my head to look at him, smiling. My fingers run through his hair, getting tangled in the curls that I love. "And nothing is going to happen. We have to go." I say, kissing his head.

        "Jerk." Adam says, his voice muffled. He stands up straight, then runs back to his bedroom.

        I walk over to the door and slide on my work boots. "Adam!" I yell, tying my laces.

        "What?" He yells back, walking out of the bedroom. 

        "Can I borrow your watch? I need it for work." I say, straightening up.