Chapter Twenty Eight

My POV

        "I just don't feel comfortable with you playing again already." I tell Adam, turning away from the sink and facing him at the table.

        Adam stands and walks over to me, wrapping me into a tight hug. "I'll be okay." He reassures me, kissing the top of my head. "Torey is going to keep an eye on me, too. It'll be okay."

        I sigh, hugging Adam around the waist. "Just be careful."

        "It's Buffalo, I won't have to go too hard against them." He smirks, kissing me again.

        (A/N: That's so NOT a shot against the Sabres. I like them, my family likes them, I have nothing against them. I'm just using them as the example from the game the other day.)

        "Either way. You've only had the stitches out for a few days." I say, tapping his neck where the scar is.

        Adam leans back, shying away from my hand. "I know this. I'll be fine."

        "Just be careful." I stand on my toes and kiss his lips. "For me."

        Adam smiles, kissing my nose. "And for our little guy, if he's down there."

        I smile as Adam's rubs my stomach before heading to get ready. I stay in the kitchen, my hand resting on my abdomen now.

        It's been two weeks since Adam and I had last had sex, and he was seriously hoping for a baby. 

        To be completely honest...I didn't want one right now. I wanted to wait until after we were married; but who knew when that would be?

        Adam's POV

        I run to catch up with the team as we walk into First Niagara Center, hoisting my bag over my shoulder. 

        "So has she taken the test yet?" Torey asks, sitting next to me at my cubby thing. He knew what Phoebe and I did, and he was hopeful like me.        

        "Not yet. I think she's taking it soon." I tell him, swallowing a part of my granola bar. "I really hope it's positive."

        Torey quickly shakes his head. "No, no you don't!"

        I lean away from him. "Why not?"

        "Aydan is such a handful. I love her to death, don't get me wrong. But it's crazy!" 

        I'm about to say more, but Claude walks in. "Let's go guys." He points at me, and smiles. "Good to have you back, Adam."

        "Good to be back." I smile.

        We start our warm-ups, the crowd cheering for the Sabres as we come onto the ice. I stay by center ice and stretch with our goalies, making sure I won't pull anything,

        I hear Niklas start laughing, then he starts poking me with his goalie stick. I smack it away a few times before turning on him.

        "What the hell are you doing?" I ask, laughing.

        Niklas grinned at Tuukka, then turned back to me. "Getting you ready for having an annoying kid!"

        I shake my head, then stand and skate over to take a few shots. 

        Before long, the game is underway. 

        My POV

        "So have you taken the test yet?" Emily asks, flopping on the bed.