Duality

As I load the machine, I hear Mark singing in a beautiful voice in the kitchen.

I smile to myself as I imagine him dancing around while cooking. I finish my chore and head to the kitchen.

"Good morning Mark!" I greet him as I stand near him, trying to figure out what he is cooking.

"Good morning Y/N! We have sandwiches today, woohoo!" He shouts and winks at me as he cooks the chicken.

"Looks tasty! Yum!" I say as I smile. His bright smile could light up the darkest of hours.

I help him out and together we finish making three huge sandwiches.

"Wow! These could fill me up for twelve hours." I say as I admire our, mainly his, work.

"As if. Let's be honest! We would still come back for chocolate after thirty minutes." Mark says and pats my head.

"True. I agree. But, come on! No one can go wrong with chocolate." I exclaim as we take the sandwiches to the table.

"And that's why you shouldn't be allowed to make food choices, Y/N." Lucas says as he sits down in front of us.

I smile and sit down and so does Mark. We start eating and Mark and Lucas start talking about classes which start in a week.

"Oh by the way, Y/N applied for our university to continue her studies." Mark says and looks at me.

I nod and look at Lucas. He looks up and simply says, "Cancel that application."

"What? Why?" I ask, confused. "Why would I do that?"

"Look Y/N, you don't really need that degree. You can do the chores around here while we are gone. Mark isn't going to be there to help and both of us will be super busy." Lucas says as if what he said makes sense.

What do you mean I don't need a degree? I do. I also want it. If I want to fulfill my dreams, I need to obtain my degree.

And am I the maid here? What does he see me as? A slave? A maid? What am I really to him?

I don't voice any of my thoughts though because I am scared. I was never allowed to speak my mind at home so I had become like that.

"So ... cancel it." He concludes and continues eating.

Mark looks super surprised but he doesn't say anything. He probably thinks it would rude of him to interrupt family issues.

After we finish, each person does their own dishes. We head to our respective rooms and change for the picnic.

Lucas makes me wear a short black skirt which is probably the shortest skirt I have worn and a beautiful mustard yellow shirt.

I wear sneakers as we plan to walk quite a lot and I put on some make up and get ready.

Lucas puts on a pair of blue ripped jeans and a white tee with a brown jacket. We head to the living room to wait for Mark.

As we wait, Lucas puts his arm around me. I look at him and he seems to be really shy.

Is he even real? How on earth does he go from who he was yesterday to this cute guy?

This duality was messing up my mind even more. I am seriously confused as to if I hate him or not.

Hahahaha. After I did that whole rant, I was wondering what got me so emotional. Guess what? My period started.

So, that means the next chapters are going to be extremely emotion filled. Also, RIP my life because my cramps are horrible.

All jokes aside, I was serious about all that emotional serious stuff. Please don't give in to that kind of situations.

Vote and comment if you like the chapters or if you want to make my emotional ass happy!

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.