A substitute

"Woah! Someone is desperate." Lucas says as he smirks at me. He puts his hands around me and he kisses me.

............

Next morning, I get ready again and go down to the kitchen. I make oatmeal and cut out some fruits.

Just as I am finishing, I hear a thud. I turn around and look at Mark who is sitting on the chair, looking at me.

"Good morning!" I say in a cheerful voice as I put the plate in front of him.

"You two were very busy yesterday. You didn't even come down for dinner." He comments without any emotion and starts eating.

I feel like I let him down. I feel horrible now. I shouldn't do this to him. He looks so sad and angry and I feel like I am the reason.

Why does it have to be this way? Why? I met the right person at the wrong time.

I sit next to him silently and Lucas walks in. He comes to me and kisses me with a wide smile before sitting down.

The boys talk about something at the university and when they finish, they head for classes together.

I do the chores and do something else all day to distract myself from my feelings.

.............

Whenever Lucas is around, Mark acts like how he used to before. Otherwise, he looks at me loving as if he wants to hold my hands and hug me.

The look in his eyes made my heart melt and made me feel like I am complete.

Lucas just acts like his obnoxious self and we act like a happy lovey dovey couple in front of others.

But, inside, I feel nothing towards him. It's all just acting. It's been two whole month since I came here.

Sometimes, Lucas' parents visit us and ask us about our life. We act like the perfect couple. His parents are happy with the act.

Today, there is some kind of party at one of their friends house and I don't expect Lucas to come home tonight.

He never does when these parties happen. And I think I know why but Lucas just treats my opinion as a joke.

As I sit on the couch, watch television, the door bell rings and I run up to the door.

I open it and see a drunk Mark standing there. I let him in and close the door.

He walks unsteadily to the living room and flops on the couch. He closes his eyes and runs his hand through his hair.

"Mark?" I ask as I sit next to him.

He opens his eyes, "Yeah?" He asks in a drunk voice.

"Did you see Lucas before you care home?" I ask as I bite my lips nervously.

He groans and sits properly, looking into me eyes. "I am fed up of this. Y/N, you might have already guessed this, Lucas has been cheating on you forever. I am pretty sure he went home with some girl."

"I didn't say this before because Lucas was begging me and he is my best friend so I couldn't just tell you." He says, placing his hands on either side of my face.

"Why don't you just forget about him tonight? Just, forget that bastard who doesn't know how to appreciate you." He says moving closer.

What do you think will happen??? Tell me!!! And vote and comment on this chapter if you like it.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.