Fire

"I am sorry. I am a little busy today so why don't you go to the stores or something?" He says as flips his wet hair off his eyes.

"I am not going anywhere alone. I will get lost." I reply with a laugh. He smiles softly at me.

"I am sorry." He says as he puts in the ingredients one by one.

"It's Okay. I will spend the day somehow." I reply, lifting myself to sit on the counter.

He walks towards me and places his hands on either side of my thighs and looks at me.

I gulp as he looks to my side and, with his right hand, takes the fork.

He walks away to the sink to wash it before walking towards the pot to mix the ingredients.

His actions today are unravelling me and driving me crazy. Why was he acting like this?

I slide off the counter and walk towards the shelves and take the plates and utensils. I wash them at the sink and place them on the counter next to him.

Lucas walks in and wishes everyone good morning as he sits on the chair at the table and goes through the newspaper.

I feel like the unusual silence between Mark and I is awkward.

After the ramen is done, we serve it and Lucas eats it quickly before heading to his room to change for an important meeting at a hotel.

Mark and I sit in silence as we eat our breakfast. I want to initiate a conversation but my mind is blank.

As soon as we are finished, I take the plates and head to the sink to wash them.

Mark comes and stands next to me. He says in the deep voice, "I'll be in my room. I have a project to finish for the classes."

I nod and smile at him as he walks away after ruffling my hair and smiling.

I finish the dishes and as I climb up the stairs, Lucas walks down and kisses me before heading out.

I head to the room and go on my laptop. I listen to songs and watch videos and do other things.

By the time I realise that I had spent too much time in the bedroom, it's already eight o'clock in the evening.

I quickly close the laptop and walk down stairs to see Mark eating a sandwich.

"I made one for you too." He says as he points to the kitchen.

He watches me as I grab the sandwich and start eating. He looks extremely tired and worked up.

He sits on the chair and finishes his dinner. He sits there, looking at his phone as I finish my dinner.

"I am going to sleep." He says and gives me a wink as he heads to his room and closes the door.

I nod and sit down on another chair, tracing designs on the table.

After sometime, I hear a phone ring and I look up to see Mark's phone on his chair, ringing.

I pick up and take the call as I see it's from Lucas. "Hey Lucas!" I say as I stand up.

"Hey Y/N! I'll not be coming home tonight. Okay? I'll be there tomorrow evening." He says. "I forgot to tell you about it and you weren't picking up."

"Oh okay!" I say as I start walking towards Mark's room.

"Okay then!" He says.

"Lucas, put the phone down." A girl says in an erotic voice. I hear Lucas moan.

"Lucas ... what ...." I begin as Lucas cuts the call.

Who on earth is he with now? That cheater, idiot! I absolutely hate him.

I reach Mark's room and calm myself. I gather myself and get ready to knock on the door when I hear a sound from inside.

Are you enjoying the story??? Please vote and comment if you like the chapters.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.