Chapter Nine: crimson cheeks

3rd person pov:

The two young boys sat criss crossed on the soft bed. They were currently sitting in Jimin's room while talking about what had happened between him and the pale boy. The eldest of the two sat with his mouth hung open. A blush could be seen on Jimin's face as he twiddled with his thumbs. Jin became a stuttering mess as he asked, "S-S-So you-yo-you're telling me y-you-you gu-g-guys k-k-k-kissed!"

Unintentionally, Jin screamed a little too loud causing the blushing boy to jump and cover his mouth. The blushing boy nods his head and says, "Y-yeah, but he was asleep." Jin nods his head understanding what Jimin was trying to say and gently removed the hand that was covering his mouth. Jimin sat back down on the bed, but still avoided eye contact with Jin. Unexpectedly, Jin asked, "Was he any good?" the sudden question caused Jimin to quickly look at Jin. A once light pink that dusted the younger's cheeks soon turned to a crimson red.

The younger hesitated before answering, "Y-yeah I guess." A squeal escaped from the oldest mouth as the younger became and even darker shade, if that's even possible, maybe? Jin bounces up and down on the bed almost looking like a teenage girl learning about her friends crush. Jimin took this opportunity to ask Jin, "What happened between you and Namjoon in the room?" Hearing this question caused Jin to choke on saliva. As Jin violently coughed Jimin patted his back as he yelled, "H-hyung, are you alright!?" Once Jin finished almost dying he started to tell Jimin every dirty detail.

As the two adult males acted like teenage girls Namjoon and Yoongi were in the office going through piles of paper. As the two men sorted out the mess the taller asked, "Do you want to accept my request, yet?" "Joon, I don't like getting into relationships...at least not after what happened." Namjoon clicked his tongue in annoyance. The taller male really cared for Yoongi and he was upset that the pale boy kept his heart tucked away. He wanted the best for his friend, but with his heart locked away it was difficult.

"Listen, that was years ago, Yoongi you need to get over it already." Namjoon says as he quickly drops down a small stack of papers. The sudden slam startles yoongi, but he remains composed with a stone face. As Yoongi finishes a pile of papers he looks over at Namjoon, "I know it's been a long time since it happened, but I'm still hurting from it, Joon." The taller sighs in defeat as he finishes another stack of papers. Once they finished organizing the papers Yoongi takes his leave first.

As Yoongi walks back to his room flashes of his past strike him with a hard hit. He sighs in frustration at the reoccurring scene that he despises so very much. Of course he knows that everything that happened was in the past, but he can't help but feel saddened over the memory. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he rubs his forehead. Finally, he has arrived to his room and as he gets ready to open the door giggles fill the once quiet hallway.

One of the boys that Yoongi's eyes immediately land on is, Jimin. Both the boys bow at a ninety degree angle before standing up straight. "Jimin come meet me in my room in twenty minutes." Yoongi says before walking into the room. Both boys exchange glances of fear and curiosity. Jin immediately pulls Jimin into the room, "What did you do!?" Jimin responds with a panicked voice, "I-I-I don't know! I-I-I never said anything rude to him." Both boys think the worst. As they were panicking they remember to keep an eye on the time.

Jimin glances over to the clock and sees he has five more minutes left before he has to go face Yoongi. With trembling legs he walks over to his masters room. He gives a gentle knock and a quiet, "come in." emits from the other side of the door. As he walks in he notices the pale male holding a glass of whiskey in his right hand. The pale male asks in a stern voice, "Did Namjoon tell you any other information about my last relationship?"

The tanner male shakes his head. Before continuing, Yoongi takes a sip of the deadly liquid, "Jaebum..."is all that escapes his lips. Without understanding Jimin hesitantly asks, "I'm sorry?" Once again yoongi takes another sip of his whiskey this time finishing it off completely. The dark liquid burn his throat as it slowly makes its way into his stomach. As he is speaking he reaches for the bottle and pours more of the drink in his glass.

"Jaebum, was the name of the guy who I loved. I could never get enough of him...and...it was like he was some sort of drug." The less pale boy intently listens to his master speak while also noticing the sad tone in his voice. The way Yoongi spoke sounded so broken in that moment. His voice was composed, but the tint of sadness was definitely heard. He was weak when he talked about Jaebum and it was something noticeable to anyone.

"He was beautiful, sweet, intelligent, and silly. In my eyes he was perfect, but in his eyes I was a passer." Jimin unconsciously walks over to him and places a reassuring hand on his shoulder. The simple action makes Yoongi give a broken smile; this breaks the younger males heart and he tries his best to smile back. "I really loved him, I gave him everything, I tried my best to keep him happy, but it didn't seem to make him happy." Yoongi continues his story while taking another sip of whisky.

As Jimin watched Yoongi intake the whisky his face scrunches up in disgust. One thing that Jimin hates most was people drinking; he hated it because it reminded him of how his dad used to act. "He didn't want me, Jimin. He wanted money." These words escape yoongi's lips in pure disgust as his face turns into a scowl. This time Jimin decides to interfere with yoongi drinking the alcohol.

The smaller male puts a hand over Yoongi's drink and pushes it down back onto the table. With wide eyes Yoongi watches Jimin, "Drinking won't take away the memory; it will only leave you to not think about it for a while and then leave you with a terrible sickness." Jimin takes a deep breath, "I can teach you. All you need to do is allow me to teach you and give me your trust." Upon hearing this Yoongi then breaks. Before he knows it Jimin is already being embraced in a tight hug as Yoongi breaks down. Jimin gently places his hands on Yoongi's back while a smile appears on his face.

Maybe, just maybe Yoongi will learn to love again.

A/N: sorry for the really sucky chapter. I kinda lost the plot since I fell asleep. Please comment and vote. 👌