Chapter 2

(Y/N)'s Pov

I had to go through a whole bunch of security checks to actually get into the taskforce headquarters.

It made sense. The headquarters is a private building and the greatest detective L was working there! Of course there would be security checks!

I got quite nervous. Not because I was hiding anything, it was just because I had never experienced anything like this before and I had no idea what I was doing!

Eventually, I managed to get past all the security checks and I finally made my way into the building. I walked in quietly as I didn't want to disturb the small group of men that were in front of me, working hard.

Suddenly, I had to sneeze!

'Hold it in! Hold it in!' I kept telling myself!

Too late!

"ACHOO!!" I sneezed.

Everyone shot their attention to me.
I flinched then started blushing and played with my (H/C) hair.

"S-Sorry", I whisper quietly.

"What the hell?! How did she get in here?!" A man with an afro hairstyle stood up and started shouting at me.

I flinched and actually pulled some of my hair out by surprise. I started sweating.

"Uh...I'm..."

"How much do you know?! Hey, you!" A man with black hair came over to me and looked me dead in the eyes. I got really scared, I started backing away. "Hey! I'm talking to you! How did you find this place, and how much do you know?!"

"Um...I-"

"That's enough. Leave her alone", A tall man stood up from his seat.
He was hunched over and had black hair, but it was really messy. He was wearing a long sleeved white shirt and baggy blue jeans.
Not the best outfit to wear in a building like this, especially since everyone else was wearing suits.
I was even wearing a white buttoned up shirt with a tie and black trousers!

But I had to admit, he looked quite cute.

'Dammit (Y/N)! What are you thinking?! You don't even know this person!' I thought, trying to remain calm.

"But Ryuzaki! This girl has broken into the taskforce! We need information out of her!" The other black haired man said, pointing at me.

"This is our new member", the hunched man walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder, making me flinch!

'Stay calm (Y/N)!' I thought, as I felt my cheeks heat up!

"Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to (Y/N). But for safety purposes, we will all call her Yuki", the man said.

'If he knows my real name, that must mean...this guy is L?!'

"Wait! She's our new member?! Oh, I'm really sorry!" The other black haired man came over to me and shook my hand. He was laughing nervously. "I'm Touta Matsuda! Just call me Matsuda for short! It's very nice to meet you! I apologise for raising my voice at you Yuki! It's just, this place is private so it's important that no information is leaked out to the public!"

"Th-That's okay!" I say back, laughing nervously as well.

"I apologise too", the man with the afro hairstyle said to me. "I'm Aizawa".

"N-Nice t-to m-meet you!" I say, giving the two men a warm smile.

"I am Chief Yagami", an older man with a moustache and glasses came over to me and shook my hand.

I smiled and nodded at him.

"That guy is L!" Matsuda pointed at the messy black haired man.

'I thought so. He's a lot younger than I thought, though'.

"But please refrain from calling me L. It's Ryuzaki now, just to be safe", he said.

"I-I understand", I said.

"Alright, let's get started with your work Yuki", L led me to a room with two TV's in it.

"I'd like you to look over these tapes. They consist of the video footage of Raye Penber before he died on a platform. I'd like to know your thoughts on them", L said to me and sat down in the seat next to me. He sat in a very odd position, with his knees up to his chest. It looked really uncomfortable, but I'm not one to judge someone by how they sit.

I watched through the tapes, but nothing really stood out to me.
This guy, Raye Penber, just happened to die on the platform. I'm guessing he was killed by Kira, but I'm sure everyone already knows that!

"So, what do you think Yuki?" L asked me.

"Uh...W-Well...um..."

"There's no need to rush. Take your time".

I blushed and my palms got sweaty again.

"I-I th-think that K-Kira killed this m-man", I say, pointing a shaky hand at the TV screen.

"Yes, we all know that already. Is there anything else that sticks out to you?" L said.

'(Y/N), you idiot! Everyone knows Raye was killed by Kira! You dummy!'

"U-Uh...Um...H-He seems t-to be looking i-into the tr-tr-train at s-something. C-C-Couldn't K-Kira be on that t-train?" I stutter, pointing at Raye.

L turned his head to the TV.

"Yes, it does look like he is struggling to look inside the train. But I do find it hard to believe that Kira was on that train. We know already that Kira can kill people without actually having to be there in person when they die. So if Kira was there, it wouldn't really make sense. What would be the point in him going there? Maybe, it's because he got us to believe that he could kill from afar and thought he could get away with such a bold move", L said, putting a thumb to his lip.

"Y-Yeah", I say.

"Well, thank you for looking over them anyway. I think I know what we are going to do next", L stood up and went to walk outside the room.

"Come on. Let's go Yuki. I have another important job for you".

And with that, L walked out the room.