Chapter 20

(Y/N)'s Pov

Light's father gasped when he heard those words. He ran over to Light.

"What are you saying Light?! You can't be serious!!" He shouted at him.

'All this time, Light has denied that he was Kira. So why would he come here and say he could be Kira? Because it's an act, that's why. There's no could be about it, you ARE Kira. But I still need proof!' I thought.

"If Ryuzaki really is L, then he is the greatest detective in the world!" Light said. "If he thinks I'm Kira, then I probably am. Also, I was one of the people Raye Penber was investigating before he died. And I was the first person to approach Misa, the second Kira suspect. It's all been me! I could be Kira and not even know it!"

"Light..." The Chief let him go.

"Honestly, I don't like where this is going at all, but what choice do I have?" L said. "Let's do it. Put Light Yagami in confinement. Make sure you put Yuki in confinement too as she requested".

"But remember Ryuzaki, no matter what, you can't let me out until you are certain I'm not Kira", Light said.

"You have my word", L replied.

Aizawa put handcuffs and a blindfold on Light as Matsuda does the same to me. We were both led to different rooms.

"Are you sure you wanna do this Yuki?" Matsuda asked, taking off my blindfold and handcuffs. L made the request that I move freely, despite being locked up.

I nod in response.

He sighed.

"Well, okay", he locked me in and left.

Soon enough, I started crying.

'I can't let this happen! I don't want Misa to be Kira!'

"Yuki! Why are you crying?"

I look up to see Light in a cell opposite me. I thought we went to different rooms.

"I-It's just..."

"Don't worry Yuki", Light said, looking to me with a smirk.

'Just what are you planning to do now?!' I thought, gritting my teeth.

-A few days later-

(Y/N)'s Pov

I had been stuck in here for a few days, but it was all okay.

Soon, I heard L's voice speak to me.

"Yuki, are you alright? There's no reason for you to keep doing this to yourself".

"I-I'm okay", I whisper.

"What about you Light?" L asked.

I notice Light look up at me...

"Yeah...I must look pretty bad in here...I'll just have to...GET RID OF IT!!"

'Get rid of it? What could that mean?'

I soon spot Light's eyes widen.

"Ryuzaki!" He yelled. "I know I asked you to put me in here, but I just realised! This whole thing is completely pointless!!"

'What the...?'

"Because I'm not Kira! If I have no memories of his crime, I can't be him!"

'What's going on?'

"I have never been able to accept the idea that Kira has been killing without self awareness all this time", L said, through the microphone.

"You have to let me out! We're wasting time!" Light shouted.

'This is weird! It's like he's a completely different person!' I thought. 'I wonder how Misa's doing'.

L's Pov

'This is so confusing', I thought.

I change the cameras to Misa.

"Amane?"

She still seemed to be passed out like she has been for the last few days, but she soon woke up.

"Huh? Where am I?" She asked.

She soon gasped.

"Mr Stalker! This is illegal! You have to stop this!"

'What in the world?'

I push the button on my microphone.

"Amane?"

"Yes? What is it Mr Stalker? Are you going to let me go?" She replied.

"A few days ago, you requested me to kill you, now this?"

"I don't remember that, Mr Stalker", she replied.

'We were so close, I thought she'd crack. Why is she suddenly talking about a stalker?'

"Misa Amane, do you know who Light Yagami is?" I ask.

"Huh? Of course I do! How could I not know my own boyfriend!"

'She was so tight lipped about it earlier and now she is straight up saying that he's her boyfriend?'

"Amane, do you know why you're here?"

"Because I'm a celebrity of course! But you're the first stalker who's ever gone this far!"

'What is wrong with her? Light's acting strangely too. Is this all an act?'

"Misa! No one is buying any of this! Cut it out!" Matsuda grabbed my microphone and yelled into it.

"This is scary! I don't like this! LET ME GO! YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO!!"

We remained silent.

"Watari, you did say that Amane was a suspect for being the second Kira, right?" I asked him.

"Yes, I made sure she knew".

'Hmm'.

"I-I have to use the bathroom!" Misa said.

"It's only been 4 minutes since you last went to the bathroom. You'll have to hold it", I reply.

"But that's the only time you'll let me move freely!" She said. "Plus, you'll be able to watch me! Isn't that what you want?! Isn't it?! YOU PERVERT!!!"

"I'm a...pervert?"

I switched the cameras back to Light and (Y/N). (Y/N) seemed very confused and Light was still begging for me to let him out.

"Let me out Ryuzaki! I'm not Kira!" He yelled.

"I'm afraid I can't do that", I say. "You told me that I can't let you out until I was sure you aren't Kira".

"Dammit! Look into my eyes! Do these look like the eyes of someone who's lying?!" Light snapped.

"Don't listen to him", Aizawa said. "It's been a few days, and no new criminals that have been broadcast on the news have been killed by Kira".

'That's true'.

"Light and Misa have to be the two Kiras!" Aizawa said.

'I don't understand what's going on here...'